Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2008, 10:51 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,378,991 times

Advertisements

Am I the only one? This is the second time I have taken a trip to New York in about three months, maybe less. The last time I gained the ten pounds I had lost before coming here.

Well, I am back again, and I had taken the weight back off. I lost it. It found me. Felt like it took me a few months to lose it, a few days to find it.

Am I the only one this happens to? Visiting my boyfriends family and eating all of his childhood foods. Syrian foods. So good. Problem with it is you eat it and eat it and eat it, even when you are done being hungry. UGH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 02:05 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,274,092 times
You only gain a real pound by eating and excess of 3500 calories. When you come off any diet expect water weight to come on = to 5-10 lbs.

So yeh...as soon as I eat my weight goes up but my size stays the same.
You shouldnt diet off pounds all the time. Maybe your comfort weight is 10 pounds higher.
Get a little more fit and it will look like 10 pounds less.
(assumed you dont work out as I dont..not like a religion anyway)

Old 11-09-2008, 07:29 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,750,317 times
I think 3500 calories = 1lb is a myth. I weigh myself every morning after pee and it can go up over 1lb froma previous day's eating even if I felt I didn't overeat much.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:28 PM

Its true. Water weight fluxes all the time. Thats what you are seeing. Salty food does that to a lot of people. (instant gain) and processed food/carbs/sugar

Old 11-11-2008, 10:13 AM

You're consistently dehydrated in the same state after peeing in the morning.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:18 AM

No you are not. You dont consistently drink, eat and sweat the same amt every single day.
Round about but it is affected by sodium intake, hydrations,diuretics, food properties to the individual type (like the salty thing or reverse would be lemon water), temp, humidity, activity.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:29 PM

I have a Tanita body fat scale with %Fat, - it's level actually varies with your dehydration state. In the morning after I pee it's usually around 20%, as low as 15.6% during the day when I'm more hydrated.

I should be an expert at monitoring and keeping my weight off. I lost 65lbs and kept it off for 3 years, plus I have 5 years of records of daily weight, exercise, and a few notes notes of food I ate if I overate.

Oh, and it's such a pain that I have to avoid indulging in buffets, which can damge your weight badly. Like I heard of Bellagio's $80[?] buffet that's real good. If I spent that much on a buffet, I'd probably eat a 5lb gain's worth to get my money's worth. - No way, not 6 weeks of heavy workouts!

Old 11-13-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I have a Tanita body fat scale with %Fat, - it's level actually varies with your dehydration state. In the morning after I pee it's usually around 20%, as low as 15.6% during the day when I'm more hydrated.

I should be an expert at monitoring and keeping my weight off. I lost 65lbs and kept it off for 3 years, plus I have 5 years of records of daily weight, exercise, and a few notes notes of food I ate if I overate.

Oh, and it's such a pain that I have to avoid indulging in buffets, which can damge your weight badly. Like I heard of Bellagio's $80[?] buffet that's real good. If I spent that much on a buffet, I'd probably eat a 5lb gain's worth to get my money's worth. - No way, not 6 weeks of heavy workouts!
I have one of those too. The margin of error is 2-5% or so. (its a small amt but just letting you know)
Congrats on the loss though. Thats awesome.
Did you find it easier after year two to be stable with your loss?
I noticed that myself as I have a few to lose but its not health pressing so I just stay were I am at. Which is really strange because as I have maintained my weight stays the same and my body fat keep dropping and the inches too. Without working out. Isnt that wierd?
(lost about 70 myself)

Old 11-13-2008, 07:29 PM

For the 3 years after weight loss I exercised less and less and still kept near the same weight. But I gained 4 lbs last years Xmas job celebration on good food in 3 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss