Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 12:14 PM

28 posts, read 82,750 times

Advertisements

I graduate this Summer with a CJ B.S.....give me a reason to keep my baby daughter and husband here...we don't ski. We don't care about keeping up with the jones'. we like customer service and common courtesy. we don't like chains we like mom and pop restaurants and stores. we like friendly down to earth people. WE ARE NOT YUPPIES. Or country folk. We like artsy things but we are not trying to fool anyone by being apart of status directed cliche clique. We are 22 but not desperately clinging to adolesence. We like diversity but hate how we get stared down in our own neighborhood when we lived here first.

So tell me why I should stay???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 12:14 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,481,594 times
Leave.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:23 PM

619 posts, read 2,198,969 times
If you dislike so much about your current situation, why would you want to stay? Your post seems laced with anger - why? It makes no sense to be mad at a place that doesn't meet your needs/desires. That would be like being mad at NYC for being crowded.

So find some place that does meet your needs.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:34 PM

its just not the place i grew up...people are so heartless~

Old 02-14-2009, 12:45 PM

2 posts, read 7,721 times
Denver is the greatest city in the world! It is super diverse. Here in highlands ranch I know a asian family. I saw some indians too on the 16th street mall! You just have to open your eyes more. Denver is by far the greatest city in the world. We are not all run down and dumpy like east coast cities. we are new and clean! Places like Highlands Ranch are the newest and most awesome city neighborhoods. Whats wrong with chains? they are more efficient, clean, and cheaper than stupid ma and pop stores. There is a reason nobody likes eating cockroach soup at some diner owned by ma and pa. No thanks! If you like the 3rd world go back and live in New York.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:48 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,857,122 times
Hi Karianne,
It sounds like with the graduation coming up it might be time for you to start exploring other places so you can find a place you will love.

I lived in Denver in the 80's. Went to middle and high school and then we were back for a short visit around 2000.

I did enjoy the weather there. Lots of sun. I enjoyed the Denver mint and the museums and ice skating downtown and Bandimere speedway and the amphitheater at Red Rock. and so many places to go if one wanted.

I lived in neighborhoods from ok to less desirable and did experience some crime. The weirdest being when we did live in the better neighborhoods as odd as that may be.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:31 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,810,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsRanchUrbanite View Post
Denver is the greatest city in the world! It is super diverse. Here in highlands ranch I know a asian family. I saw some indians too on the 16th street mall! You just have to open your eyes more. Denver is by far the greatest city in the world. We are not all run down and dumpy like east coast cities. we are new and clean! Places like Highlands Ranch are the newest and most awesome city neighborhoods. Whats wrong with chains? they are more efficient, clean, and cheaper than stupid ma and pop stores. There is a reason nobody likes eating cockroach soup at some diner owned by ma and pa. No thanks! If you like the 3rd world go back and live in New York.
You can't actually be serious with this post: Highlands Ranch is not super diverse--Not everyone hates NYC or East Coast or finds it to be a big dump..Every one prefers chains to local mom and pop?.....New York=third world? Indians on 16th street mall---That's what you consider diverse? Denver is the greatest city in the world? All I can say is "WOW". I personally love living in Denver, and is one of my faves...but not everyone feels the same way..If it was a choice only between Highlands Ranch or other like suburbs--I would choose to live in suburban OC...same thing..only better weather--and green year round...worth the extra $ .The only positive factor for HR in my opinion over suburban OC is the bad California economy---that being said--I would have to be held at gun point to live in any of those suburban choices...I reallize many people love the suburbs( I grew up in some front range burbs myself) and yes some offer families safety,good schools,affordability, and elbow room--so to each their own...but let's not carried away here with statements about how diverse Highlands Ranch is, and that it's the end all of end all hoods...Carbon copy hoods can be found all through out the West...You can't really say that about about many other parts of Denver and more established suburban areas..

Last edited by Scott5280; 02-14-2009 at 02:22 PM..

Old 02-14-2009, 01:43 PM

60 posts, read 479,805 times
Default Check out.......

Tucson. It's cost of living is lower and I think you would enjoy the nearby mountains for hiking and camping. Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Give me a reason to stay here!-tucson-1.jpg  

Old 02-14-2009, 01:45 PM

Are you serious??? HIGHLANDS RANCH? Give me a break...I live in Aurora...wow one asian neighbor...Highlands ranch is the land of the WASP!!!

I am a criminal justice major too...not finance....have you noticed the economy here has tanked because it was so dependent on the financial industry????

Unless you are "upwardly mobile" or already of ample means...I don't see how any young families can start out here...its a joke...and staying for museums and cultural extras are not really conducive to everyday life.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexis2005 View Post
Tucson. It's cost of living is lower and I think you would enjoy the nearby mountains for hiking and camping. Good luck!

I was actually born in Tucson...we were thinking about it...its a little more spread out than Albuquerque
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver