Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 11:05 PM

2 posts, read 13,616 times

Advertisements

I am a single, 26 year old, attractive, fun loving, young lady who is looking to move from SD to Denver. It's good to know the odds are on my side

Old 02-23-2009, 09:24 AM

47 posts, read 167,207 times
[quote=jjacobeclark;7426770]The entire East Coast (NY, PA, MA, MD, DC, RI, CT, VT, NH, ME, DE) is like this, as is the Upper Midwest (WI, IL, MN, MI, OH, IN, IA). The Western States (CO, UT, NV, CA, WA, NM, AZ, ID, MT, WY, OR) all have higher male to female ratios.

Iowa in general does not have a good ratio. It's not even close. Many people are in a HUGE hurry to get married/settle down there, even if it means not necessarily being with the right person. Or they're alwayst just dating someone even if they don't have feelings for them, because they don't know how to be single. A town like Des Moines is the only 'decent' place for a 'singles' scene, and it's not even good. And if people aren't the ones who are getting married right out of college, they leave, because they know there's more interesting places to be.

Wisconsin doesn't seem much better overall either. I believe I actually read somewhere once that one of the main reasons people leave Wisco (many go to places like Phoenix and Denver as I understand) is due to a lack of 'singles' scene.

The people that are all worked up over meeting women- who cares? The reason you're not meeting women is because you're all worked up about meeting women. Trying to force something isn't going to work out anyway, so what's the big deal?

Anywhere you go, women are going to be awful (and yes, girls, men are too. Just don't complain about how much of an a**hole someone is because it's more than likely what you find so attractive about them, whether you realize it or not. You'd rather have a 'fixer upper' and/or challenge than having someone that's level-headed). I remember talking to some stranger in Chicago last year, and his beef was how stuck up women are in Chicago- I don't think it changes anywhere. And I can't blame women/people for coming off as rude or stuck up- people are CRAZY these days, and you've got to be a bit defensive.

Not ALL women are like this, but there's something with our society today where women feel it necessary to go out and pretend like they're one of the girls off of 'Sex and the City', so they think it's OK to play around with people's emotions, not be trustworthy, etc. These women aren't worth talking to anyway, so it's not worth wasting the time....

Geez, these forums become more like therapy than just 'chiming in'.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:10 AM

2,943 posts, read 5,081,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherman26 View Post
Iowa in general does not have a good ratio. It's not even close. Many people are in a HUGE hurry to get married/settle down there, even if it means not necessarily being with the right person. Or they're alwayst just dating someone even if they don't have feelings for them, because they don't know how to be single. A town like Des Moines is the only 'decent' place for a 'singles' scene, and it's not even good. And if people aren't the ones who are getting married right out of college, they leave, because they know there's more interesting places to be.

Wisconsin doesn't seem much better overall either. I believe I actually read somewhere once that one of the main reasons people leave Wisco (many go to places like Phoenix and Denver as I understand) is due to a lack of 'singles' scene.
I was referring to ratio of men to women. I never said anything about if they were single. It is a fact that the Great Lakes and East Coast have more women than men.

Most people leave Wisconsin to experience something different or to pursue a job or educational opportunity. People move to CO to live a physically active lifestyle.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:09 AM

47 posts, read 167,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
I was referring to ratio of men to women. I never said anything about if they were single. It is a fact that the Great Lakes and East Coast have more women than men.

Most people leave Wisconsin to experience something different or to pursue a job or educational opportunity. People move to CO to live a physically active lifestyle.

Ah, I must've read the post wrongly.

In some ways it's actually a shame people leave Wisco (although I find there to be a lot that eventually come back after spending a few years elsewhere). I find it to be a fairly active state. In MKE and Mad, there's always someone biking/running/snorkling/skiing/rock climbing/rowing somewhere. And of course, fishing. Heck, I've seen videos of people snorkling in the dead of winter to spear fish in lake Monona.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:32 AM

5 posts, read 13,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
... This city brings in a lot of men for some reason. Men just find this city more appealing so they come here in greater numbers. I think it's because men are attracted to the rugged outdoors and sports here. It's a similar situation in Alaska. It's just a place with a more manly lifestyle I guess.
Funny! The appeal of outdoors may have a higher draw for men, but there are at least a few single ladies up here. Just more often the more 'rugged' brand of them I guess. Lots of average singles as well. (places that have higher populations up here invariably have a better male to female ratio, given the types of jobs available in more isolated areas)

I do notice a lot more women in bunny boots and carhartt's here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver