Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:30 AM

5 posts, read 44,291 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Charlotte, NC and can't wait to get out of here. Bad place for singles and boring city.
I used to live in AZ and always traveled to CO.

How is CO for singles over 30?

I love to hike,climb, bodybuilding and travel.

I would like to meet someone with similiar interests. I hear CO has beautiful single athletic women abound.

Kind of sick of meeting obese southern girls with 9 kids and 10 ex husbands in NC. Thats all there is in the south. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 11:44 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,977,971 times
There are a lot of threads here on the single life in Colorado, so if you do some searching you'll find lots of info.

Denver-Boulder has been consistently rated among the top areas for single people. There are lots of single people here, and if you share the common interests that predominate here in Colorado, I doubt you'll have any trouble meeting them. In the state the biggest concentrations of single people will be in the cities of Boulder and Denver, not including their respective suburbs (mostly families there), so I would focus my search in Boulder and/or Denver if I were you.

Old 02-16-2007, 12:06 PM

1 posts, read 23,165 times
Default 24 yr. old, advice on moving from chicago

I am a 24 yr. old living in Chicago and thinking about moving to Denver in the fall. I know almost no one, is Denver an easy place to meet people? Also, I'd like to live in an exciting, young area that is somewhat affordable, studios are fine but I'd need to keep rent at or around $500-550 a month. How is parking? How do most people get to work if they work downtown? I am a train/bus girl in Chicago so I don't mind public transit if it's safe and clean.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:42 PM

54 posts, read 357,913 times
That's good to know re: the single life in Charlotte. I'm looking to relocate from San Diego to either Denver or Charlotte. I've visited Denver but not Charlotte. From what I've heard regarding charlotte, it's a great place for young families and singles under 25, but if you're older than that and single, not a good place. I just visited Denver last weekend, and it seems to have everything that I'm looking for as an active 29/f. Great skiing within an hour, tons of hiking, biking, outdoors activities, great nightlife downtown, fantastic sports scene, dog friendly, etc. I've pretty much decided to move there this Spring. Good luck in your search!

Old 02-16-2007, 08:19 PM

18 posts, read 99,302 times
Haha I agree with the original poster vitali77 about some of the typical demographics out there. Like the poster I'm interested in meeting some people like me. I'm single, male, 27, moved here to experience the outdoors and lifestyle knowing no one. Tried joining the Colorado Mountain Club, a few groups on meetup.com, YAP (young active professionals) is half dead in Denver. What I did find were pretty interesting people although in their late 30s, 40s, and 50s, with spouses, family, nice houses, etc.

Any other groups out there? I'm really not crazy about meeting for happy hour ever other wednesday for two hours just to "mingle"!

Old 02-16-2007, 11:03 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
Join a bowling league. All sorts of people. That and volunteer for a cause close to your heart to find like minded people.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:30 PM

673 posts, read 4,070,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crudolph View Post
I am a 24 yr. old living in Chicago and thinking about moving to Denver in the fall. I know almost no one, is Denver an easy place to meet people? Also, I'd like to live in an exciting, young area that is somewhat affordable, studios are fine but I'd need to keep rent at or around $500-550 a month. How is parking? How do most people get to work if they work downtown? I am a train/bus girl in Chicago so I don't mind public transit if it's safe and clean.
The bus system in Denver proper is very good, but the suburbs can be iffy on bus service. They are putting in over 4 billion dollars of light-rail is the Denver metro area over the next decade.

I would recommend these neighborhoods for good public transit and neighborhoods where a studio can be had for 550 dollars a month or less

Capitol Hill: This area is just east of downtown, the most urban neighborhood in the state of Colorado something like 25,000 people a square mile compared to about 3,000 people per square mile compared to the city as a whole. I would say Downing Street area is the best area of Cap. Hill. Bus service routes: 15/15L Colfax runs every 10 minutes or so during the day and is a 24 hour bus route. Other routes serving cap. hill are the 10 and 12 and run every 15-30 minutes. Downtown Denver is walkable from this area and they do have alot of retail in Cap. Hill also.

Lincoln/Broadway and Alameda area: This area has bus route 0 which runs from 4am to about 2am and anywhere from every 5-15 minutes. Its just south of Downtown Denver and is one of the more affordable areas. Lots of clubs and stores on Broadway/Lincoln from downtown leading to this area.

Congress Park: next to Capitol Hill I would also recommend its along the the main bus line. This area is more quiet then Capitol Hill, cleaner and less dense

Englewood which is a suburb just south of Denver. 15 minute light-rail trip to downtown is also a very nice community. Its affordable and quiet.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:36 PM

673 posts, read 4,070,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitali77 View Post
I currently live in Charlotte, NC and can't wait to get out of here. Bad place for singles and boring city. I used to live in AZ and always traveled to CO. How is CO for singles over 30? I love to hike,climb, bodybuilding and travel. I would like to meet someone with similiar interests. I hear CO has beautiful single athletic women abound. Kind of sick of meeting obese southern girls with 9 kids and 10 ex husbands in NC. Thats all there is in the south. lol
Youll fit right in with the Denver area.

I have lived in several states and Denver and Colorado as a whole is in a class of its own as being very athletic as a state. People in Denver love working out that is for sure!

I live in a midwestern state at the current time and its a shock to me how able-bodied people here idea's of a workout is going to the mailbox. In Colorado people are always outside running, biking, hiking and alot people in this state love extreme-sports also.

Denver has a very large concentration of single people in their late 20s to mid 30s.

Coloradoans are very friendly and easy to get to know. Unlike some other states, Coloradoans enjoy new people in the state.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:45 PM

6 posts, read 36,032 times
Default singles in denver

hi.

it seems to me that denver's not a bad place to be single if you're female, maybe better if you're female and sporty (like to ski, run, bike). it's harder for males, it seems. the male:female ratio is one of the higher in the country in denver, and is vying for the highest in the country in Boulder, certainly for a place it's size. the forbes stuff doesn't account for that or the fact that the population in denver and in boulder is rather 1D - sort of one type of person tends to be what you see much of the time (not very diverse in CO in general). CO is a close second to AK overall in terms of male:female ratio. and you can feel these things moving here from elsewhere, certainly after a while if not at first. contrary to one of the posts here, i would not agree that coloradans and denverites are overall accomodating to outsiders, especially those from NY, CA, or TX, but the general feel is less engaging than it can be elsewhere. it's a clique-ish place. a place where if you're into joining a softball team and drinking and young-ish seeming bars with other young professional (and maybe not seeming very NY, CA, or TX), smiley, "keep it light and talk skiing and college football" kinds of folks, you'll probably get along just fine and meet other singles you can like, especially maybe if you're female. basically, if you're sporty, outgoing, midwestern, have some money, and are relatively conventional you could probably love it here. if you're cerebral, kind of unusual, into lots of culture, an artist, not an athlete, don't have some money and/or a good job landed BEFORE getting here, or an introvert, it might take you a while to find your people and niche if ever.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:50 AM

28 posts, read 118,915 times
In response to "maleman"'s post:
Denver proper is 50-50 man to woman ratio, meeting women @ bars, clubs, etc is very easy in the 25-30 range. Great place to be a single guy. And fyi I'm and introvert. And if you are artsy you wont find your niche? Haha are you actually living in Denver or are you living in military housing down in Co Springs? Denver has a great singles scene, no matter what your into in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver