Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 03:49 PM

12 posts, read 37,393 times

Advertisements

Our price range is anywhere from $400000-$900000.....i am just wondering if Wash Park will be all right when the kids are in middle/high school. Are there any other areas like Park Hill, Hilltop that are a little less $$ but just as good.
Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 05:38 PM

1,331 posts, read 5,087,971 times
Anywhere you like would be good. Stay in the Cherry Creek School District. That is my best advice!

Old 09-12-2008, 11:42 AM

1,921 posts, read 4,779,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheridanL View Post
Anywhere you like would be good. Stay in the Cherry Creek School District. That is my best advice!
While that's where we are and happy with, it's a little sprawled out and probably not urban enough for the OP. If you have small kids then Stapleton is probably a good option.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:14 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,486,579 times
I'm not sure Park Hill is going to be any cheaper than Wash Park, in fact I'd say it is going to cost more on average.

http://www.denvergov.org/Portals/144/documents/DENVER_NEIGH_Map.pdf (broken link)

Hale, Montclair, Country Club and Hilltop come to mind as viable areas given your criteria. If you can't get into the Science and Tech school as a high school I would rate East above George Washington (both serve these areas depending on exact location) with the exception that GW has a well rated IB program. Bishop Machebeuf is another option if you go the private Catholic route and want to stay local, and it is in general terms not that expensive, around 9,000 last year.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:18 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,986,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiereaney View Post
Our price range is anywhere from $400000-$900000.....i am just wondering if Wash Park will be all right when the kids are in middle/high school. Are there any other areas like Park Hill, Hilltop that are a little less $$ but just as good.
Thanks so much!
Wash Park is zoned for South, which gets mixed reviews, though in my opinion it's good. That said, everyone agrees that East and possibly GW are both better than South. So, you might want to consider a neighborhood zoned for East instead. Congress Park might be a good choice. Country Club north is also nice.

With your price range, you have LOTS of options in Denver.

As for Park Hill and Hilltop, I'm not sure they're less money than Wash Park but arguably as good in their own way, and are worth looking into as alternatives to Wash Park.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:53 PM

2 posts, read 3,183 times
Default Denver

As a resident of five points, schools in the north side of the city are predominantly hispanic and schools in washington park are mostly white. You should put your kids in a washington park school because thare is a lot of problems with crime and violence in the northeast and northwest portions of the city. So stay away from montbello, park hill, five points, whittier, cole, east colfax, regis(neighborhood), or the eastern part of highlands.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:23 PM

Thanks for all the advice. My only concern with Stapleton is that it's not urban enough, or is it? How far from the city is it? The schools do look great there. We want to really feel like we are in the city....but want the luxury or safety and good schools.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:14 PM

351 posts, read 650,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiereaney View Post
We are looking to move to Denver and have two small children. Our needs are: we are looking for an urban lifestyle, family friendly area and good public schools nearby.
Is this possible in Denver or should we just stay in Fort Collins?
Stay in Fort Collins. It--and not Denver--has been rated the best place to raise a family by several publications for a reason.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:01 AM

The only thing about Fort Collins is that it's too small. I know it's been rated best place to raise a family, BUT, i want to be in a bigger city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver