Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2009, 09:39 PM

17,988 posts, read 27,448,014 times

Advertisements

Ah, you just left before I got there! I lived on 71something Bryant. Maddox's son of Maddox Gas and Oil (Propane, gas station, etc... they even sold Ethyl (97 octane leaded gas) into the early 90s ... over on 72nd between the Rainbow Bread and the Arsenal in Commerce City, lived around the corner from us on... either Beacon or Canosa. He is an old Chrysler/Lincoln nut! He had/has a myriad of old cars parked in his driveway and has tons of old cars for sale/scrap at the old place in Commerce City.

A guy lived next door to us and he had a black 79-82 (??) Camaro. He kept it covered and rarely drove it.

Harry's Used Cars on Broadway! Anybody remember it? Is it still there?

Ranum in 83', huh? Two of my cousins went there. One of them graduated in 83'! She was the lead in the play Oklahoma and her boyfriend played opposite her as the lead male... what's his name? Fuzzy knoughts? Curly! That's it I think. His name was Mike. My cousin's name is K. She lives down here in Pueblo West now. Anyway, she had some friends that I got acquainted with. These one guys, two brothers, had a place up on 84th and I think north or south of Pecos... they had a pool and a hot tub, and lots of HS parties! This girl nicknamed NoKnee? Tera or Tara. She's the one who used to go to Thirsties with us and sneak a whole pitcher of beer out of the bar in her dress at closing time! And she had a sister. She married my dad's co-worker friend.. this young Irish lad... named Dave Madden or Maddox or something. But her sister used to yell at the old men as they were getting into or out of their cars as we drove by these perv joints, "Dirty old man! Dirty old man!"

But enough about me. How's Idaho Springs? West Chicago Creek these days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 09:54 PM

123 posts, read 524,668 times
Idaho Springs is awesome, although we've only been here 3 months or so.

Oklahoma in 83, hmm may have dated her, probably not. I did a lot of photography for the yearbook so was probably there for Oklahoma. Would need a name to be sure. Feel free to PM me with names.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:00 PM

Nope. You'll have to find that out for yourself and DM me. I believe in complete and total uninoninanonymity here.

She's a big girl and nobody in their right mind would F with her anyway! She's kind of Colorado's little Clarice Starling! But anyway.

How about some of the Bars in the area besides the naughty ones? You remember the Twin Towers up on 104th? Or Junques over in Broomfield?

Old 01-04-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Nope. You'll have to find that out for yourself and DM me. I believe in complete and total uninoninanonymity here.

She's a big girl and nobody in their right mind would F with her anyway! She's kind of Colorado's little Clarice Starling! But anyway.

How about some of the Bars in the area besides the naughty ones? You remember the Twin Towers up on 104th? Or Junques over in Broomfield?
Junques was one of my favorite spots!! I worked at Turbo West at Jeffco Airport, and this was one of our favorite gathering spots. Are you stalking me!!

Old 01-04-2009, 10:24 PM

22 posts, read 189,485 times
Isn't the Drumstick restaurant now relocated on 84 th. ave , a few blocks west of I 25?.. You're right, it had some of the best chicken AND gravy in town.

Anyone remember the Smorgasborg Restaurant, around 72 nd. and Federal? It was set a ways off Federal and you had to drive around back the small mall to get to it. One of the first, all you can eat restaurants in the area.

Anyone remember KIMN's Pogo Poge? He was one of Denver's all time popular DJ's from the past. Last I heard he retired to Utah after workiing and living in Hawaii for many years. Ahhhhh.........the GREAT old days

Old 01-05-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcopRon View Post
Isn't the Drumstick restaurant now relocated on 84 th. ave , a few blocks west of I 25?.. You're right, it had some of the best chicken AND gravy in town.
I think thats a Wishbone, could be wrong though.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:27 AM

687 posts, read 2,950,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottodog View Post
Idaho Springs is awesome, although we've only been here 3 months or so.

Oklahoma in 83, hmm may have dated her, probably not. I did a lot of photography for the yearbook so was probably there for Oklahoma. Would need a name to be sure. Feel free to PM me with names.
Idaho Springs...still running the water wheel part of the year?
My folks had a lot on Chicago creek, had to move the "creek" to the front of the lot, it divided the best building site. There was a young student killed by a mountain lion right by the highschool back in the late 70s?? or so.
Used to see the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band members alot in downtown Idaho Springs, they all lived in the area back then.
And there was a black 57 chevy 2 door hardtop sitting on a side street that the guy would not sell, would not fix, would not do anything with for literally decades.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb85650 View Post
Idaho Springs...still running the water wheel part of the year?
My folks had a lot on Chicago creek, had to move the "creek" to the front of the lot, it divided the best building site. There was a young student killed by a mountain lion right by the highschool back in the late 70s?? or so.
Used to see the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band members alot in downtown Idaho Springs, they all lived in the area back then.
And there was a black 57 chevy 2 door hardtop sitting on a side street that the guy would not sell, would not fix, would not do anything with for literally decades.
Not sure if it runs anymore or not. I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure. I let you know in the spring when that side of the mountain thaws out. Here's a pretty cool picture of it in its original location:
Photo Gallery - Historic Idaho Springs

Old 01-05-2009, 03:55 PM

Nice pics. One caught my eye. How does she walk down the runway? I'm not a model expert or much into fashion, but she's got junque fo sho.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:49 PM

18,209 posts, read 25,843,605 times
Muaiman. You're right. The Denver Drumstick was a great place to eat. They had one for a long time on So. Santa Fe and Oxford in Englewood. It finally was closed in'81. A morning restaurant called Skeeter's Big Bisquit was there for a while (great breakfast place). Then it was Western Sizzling for maybe 12 years or so. Was sad to see the Western Sizzlin' franchise go, by 1998 all 3 places in the Denver area were gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver