Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 02:02 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vames View Post
Does anyone remember the Zanzibar on E. Colfax? It was a classic country western bar. The walls were painted with western scenery and glowed under black lighting. They always had great bands.

I was at Lowry AFB in 1971 and the place was very popular. Just wondering if it was still there.
I don't know if it is still there, but it definitely was in the late 70's, I remember going there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 05:24 AM

3 posts, read 10,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vames View Post
Does anyone remember the Zanzibar on E. Colfax? It was a classic country western bar. The walls were painted with western scenery and glowed under black lighting. They always had great bands.

I was at Lowry AFB in 1971 and the place was very popular. Just wondering if it was still there.
I remember that place. I think it's long gone. If you want to see it again all you have to do is rent the movie "Every Which Way But Loose" with Clint Eastwood and that orangutan.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:06 PM

687 posts, read 2,951,663 times
wow....30 pages already....and all I did was just ask about some old places I recalled. Cool!

ps. I'd still never, ever move back. Too spoiled by Arizona sunshine, one snowfall a year here at 5000' elevation, just north of the Mexico border. Nice memories back there, but no way Jose' .

Question tho......was it just a silly story that Elway was thinking of running for Governor???? 'cause if he does, I gotta get ahold of bumper stickers and banners. John Elway....greatest quarterback in NFL history, I don't care what the statistics say, my minds made up!

Old 04-10-2009, 05:03 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
It's not always about you. If you change your profile to read 30 posts per page instead of 10, you can cut that number down from 30 to 10 pages, or 8 pages if you go to the max of 40 per.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:27 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
It's not always about you. If you change your profile to read 30 posts per page instead of 10, you can cut that number down from 30 to 10 pages, or 8 pages if you go to the max of 40 per.
LOL I did not know you could do that.......

BTW I know I have asked b4 but I would LOVE to see some pictures of Denver from then....

Old 04-11-2009, 08:09 PM

687 posts, read 2,951,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I refuse to have my rose colored self important vision altered! Insult me on pages 31-39 please.......

Old 04-18-2009, 10:13 PM

5 posts, read 15,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
I grew up in Aurora. Remember some of these places?

The Pub in the Montview area, going down the stairs to disco the night away...at least until 12.

I miss Denver...
OH MY GOSH!!!! I was at the Pub every Thurs, Fri and Saturday night for probably 2 years!! I met my husband at the Pub and we've been married 27 years. It was fun remembering some of the places that you mentioned. I grew up in Littleton - Daniel Park was lots of fun and I remember going to the South Door on S. Broadway. We used to do Chinese Fire Drills on 16th while the soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever was blasting...

I miss the OLD Denver - the way it used to be ... or maybe I just miss the 70's and 80's. I DO NOT miss the snow in any way, shape, form or fashion. I wouldn't mind skiing again on some REAL snow .

Thanks for the memories!!

Old 04-18-2009, 10:19 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
GwinnetCoach! Whazzup? I almost forgot about those Chinese fire drills. Done a few of those myself downtown cruising past the old Denver Theater and the Record center on 16th st.!

Old 04-19-2009, 04:46 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwinnettCoach View Post
Daniel Park was lots of fun

I miss the OLD Denver - the way it used to be ... or maybe I just miss the 70's and 80's. I DO NOT miss the snow in any way, shape, form or fashion. I wouldn't mind skiing again on some REAL snow .
Do you mean Daniels Park? I spent a bit of time out there.
We also used to hang out at the big rock at Hale Park (don't know the real name of the park) as well as Congress. Years later my kids played soccer at Congress.
I think the South Lawn at East High was my favorite hang-out.
I don't miss the snow, either.
I know what you mean about the OLD Denver, before Celebrity's became a Home Depot or whatever.
But time marches on inexorably, and all we can do is adapt and/or move along.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:49 AM

1 posts, read 5,057 times
Ah the Pub. Was there many times in 77 and 78.Montview and Clinton. Before it was the Pub I think it was called the Clinton St. Electric Company. Where on Havana was FanFair?

The Z-bar is gone. Was on Colfax between Havana and Ironton Streets. Went in there once after I turned 21, was too young by half, the place was full of old timers.

Your thinking of the Wishbone. Was at 84th and Huron. Now at 97th and Federal. Denver Drumstick up North was at 74th and Federal, now a Micky-D's

Kevin are you thinking of the time the big wind storm took down most of the TV towers on Lookout Mtn.? All we had to watch was channel 6 till the towers were replaced.

Supershops was Thom Mccann and Goodwill was HomesteadHouse.
How bout Mander's Pizzaria?

I have a long memory but not always a good one, Ha! Supershops at 70th and Federal was a KINNEY SHOES. My shoe loving wife corrected me on that.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 05-18-2009 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: Merged 2:1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver