Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2019, 11:14 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,195,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_in_Denver View Post
The Club Soda was the Jazz Club in Glendale. Rob Mullins started there. It became the Penthouse Strip Club and now Mile High Men's club.
Rob Mullins continued to play at the Regas Mediterranean Cafe During the 80s on East Evans.

The best "small" venue for music used to be Ebbets Field downtown:

Ebbets Field 1020 15th St. Denver,Colorado
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 01:55 PM

11 posts, read 126,281 times
Default Cafe York on East Colfax

Does anyone but me remember the Cafe York on East Colfax.

They featured folk music in the 1960s

I remember hearing Rosalie Sorrels, Cris Williamson and several others there between about 1966 and 1970.

Old 05-23-2019, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,607 times
I used to work at the Yum Yum Tree. It was on South Havana Street. It was a restaurant that had eight different restaurants offering different cuisine: Tommy Wong’s (Chinese), Adam’s Rib (barbecue), Reuben’s (deli), Apple Annie’s (desserts, sweets), Fellini’s (Italian), Hofbräuhaus (German), Pancho’s Patio (Mexican) and Fat Eddie’s (steaks, chops). It also served beer. I was under the legal age to drink, so I couldn't serve it!

Old 06-24-2019, 08:19 PM

9 posts, read 20,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebrenk View Post
Does anyone but me remember the Cafe York on East Colfax.

They featured folk music in the 1960s

I remember hearing Rosalie Sorrels, Cris Williamson and several others there between about 1966 and 1970.
Don't remember Café York but I remember Club Cirros.

Old 08-10-2019, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,070 times
Default “OUT OF BOUNDS” owned by the “ROUND THE CORNER” restaurant group

Does anyone remember the “OUT OF BOUNDS” steak/seafood restaurant at Buckingham Square in Aurora, CO? It was owned by the “ROUND THE CORNER” restaurant group which closed it unexpectedly one night in mid to late 1974 or early 1975. It had a sports theme interior design with several dining rooms and a full service bar that featured entertainment during the week/weekend, primarily soloist or duets.

There was solo one guitar player with a good following that regularly played at the “OUT OF BOUNDS.” If my memory serves me correctly, I believe he was at one time aligned with the “New Christy Minstrels” and had had crossed paths with John Denver which didn’t work out so well. I believe his first name was Bob. In any case, I’ve been unable to recall his name and since I’m no longer in the Denver metro area, I unable to talk with any locals. I’d appreciate any responses that you may have.

BTW, you may remember the “OUT OF BOUNDS remained closed until it successfully reopened as the Buckingham Broker later in 1975 or 1976.

Old 08-23-2019, 07:33 AM

5 posts, read 10,144 times
Default London House - Fifty Guys, Fifty Leather Coats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmbeers View Post
Does anyone remember the “London House” or the Bar “DocWeeds” from back in the late 70’s??

Ah yes - the London House. Freezing your as$ off, waiting in line to get in during the winter. Fifty guys in fifty leather coats. Memories. Doc Weeds - - our staple bar in the 70's. A group of us worked at Central Bank and we were there almost every night for a couple of years since it was basically attached to the bank. Jody, Shady Lady, Dawn (incredible woman), Hillary and Vivo - - greatest waitresses we ever had.

Old 09-22-2019, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,415 times
Yes - has I believe it was called Roller City West.

Old 11-10-2019, 06:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,084 times
Default Lemon Tree Lounge on West Colfax

I was in Denver, for a couple of winter months in 1968, and spent many early evenings at the Lemon Tree Lounge. The bartenderess was a gorgeous blonde-haired blue-eyed beauty with a great personality and movie-star looks. I hope she found happiness.

Old 01-27-2020, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,784 times
Dead thread I am sure, but Wow - I was scrolling through some old memories and ran across this post of 11 YEARS AGO. I was the lead singer in Survivor (the Denver based cover band) in the '80s and we did play Mr. Lucky's A LOT.

But, I believe in your original post you were thinking of the band "Seth" named after their lead singer "Seth". That was the band that played Space Oddity all the time.

At that time there were almost always two bands booked at Mr. Lucky's on a give week, one on each floor Seth and Survivor played there simultaneously once or twice, which may be why you thought of our band's name.

Old 03-10-2020, 02:54 PM

4 posts, read 5,681 times
I might be out of luck with this....

At any rate, does anyone remember the family who owned The Original Mexican Cafe? The Original was my favorite Mexican restaurant for a long time. I was devastated when it shut down. The restaurant was where Diamond Hill is now. Pagliacci’s Italian Restaurant was nearby. On the other side of I-25 was a casket factory
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver