Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 10:11 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,584,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
Good Afternoon,
We might be moving to the Denver Metro Area from Virginia. Looking for advice in what neighborhood or surrounding town will be our best fit. I am retired military, so we will need to have a medical provider that accepts Tricare Prime. I will be working near the Denver International Airport (DIA) if we move. Looking at a safe, nice neighborhood with a 35 to 40 min commute to work. Looking at 250K to 300K. I've always been huge into the outdoors so am looking forward to the possibility of skiing, hiking, off-road activities, whitewater kayaking, etc. and sharing these activities with my family. I'am also into cycling.

Wish List
-Good High Schools with strong academic performance---Rated 8 and above
-Nice Safe Neighborhood.
-3-4 Bedroom with 2-3 Bathrooms.
-Garage, Fireplace, and walk in closets.

Thank you so much!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
The problem you have is working near the airport. Most areas near the airport do not compare as favorably as areas farther away. Consequently, your commute could be an hour or more. It all depends where near the airport you are you working. If you are working in the airport, then the public transit with the skyride buses and the coming commuter rail would make your commute much easier.

Some would suggest Stapleton, the redeveloped area on the old airport site. I personally think it is not bad but is is better than other areas that are farther away--I think not.

Centennial is nice area but encompasses is a long suburbs west to east and with different attributes.I think Centennial is not a good idea. It is too far and you can find housing just as good or better closer to the airport.

I would tend to point you to area closer to the airport, either in Westminster or Thornton in Adams County. The airport is surrounded by Adams County but it was acquired from Adams County by the City/County of Denver to have the airport within its boundaries and have the control over the airport.
There are some very nice areas within those cities or areas in unincorporated Adams County. The airport encompasses some much area that near the airport can make many other areas work as well. You could even look at areas near Brighton.

I would also try to stay north of I-70, so You could look at Arvada in Jefferson County. It is really a very nice community that is very safe.

Livecontent

Biggest problem is matching his wish list and his budget anywhere in this city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver