Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 09:58 PM

6 posts, read 52,932 times

Advertisements

I love this thread! I will second (third? fourth?) that Blue Bonnet and Benny's aren't that good. Too fried, not spicy enough, and usually cause a stomach ache.

For good Mexican, I LOVE Jaliscos (mentioned above), Senor Burrito (mentioned above) and also Chubby's. There are a few Chubby's, I go to the one on Federal.

I second Arada on Santa Fe, Pagliacci's for Italian, and Spicy Basil for Thai.

I love House of Commons (a tea shop) on Platte St, though I'm not sure it's really a secret.

Famous Pizza on Broadway has the closest thing my Brooklyn-ite husband has ever found to NY style pizza outside of NY.

Also, if you are into Korean food, Uoki on 6th Ave is DELISH!

GB Fish & Chips on S Broadway is great.

I would love to hear more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 10:44 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,443,820 times
German: Red Lion Inn, up Boulder Canyon (Canyon St west)
Andrea's in Lyons
Another restaurant in Lyons with "Bear" in the name (Black Bear?)

Old 11-26-2007, 05:34 PM

16 posts, read 77,397 times
Agreed. But the name I could not remember is Los Carboncitos. MMMMM.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:35 PM

16 posts, read 77,397 times
[quote=cil;1941927]Taqueria Patzcuaro? I think it has already been mentioned here.
It has been a "hidden" (everyone knows about it) treasure for years.

The one i was thinking of is :Los Carboncitos. MMMM, good.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:13 AM

5 posts, read 23,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
try, i think its called jack n grill its between 38th and 32nd on federal also try el alamo bakery they have decent mexican food on 38th before lowell as a rule of thumb if you go to a mexican restaurant in denver and they only have 1 type of salsa get out of there and if you order a chile relleno you might get an egg roll and as far as a greasy spoon the denver diner i think its on colfax downtown
bump. Jack n Grill is amazing! Hott Hott Chile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie_co View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, coming from a real New Yorker I am going to have to trust that recomendation. Thanks again!!
As a true New Yorker, I'd love for you to try Benny Blanco's Slice of the Bronx on 13th and Washington and tell me what you think. They've got the best slice in town, that's for sure.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 12-12-2007 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: Merging 2 posts into 1.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:54 AM

26,328 posts, read 94,160,605 times
Not really a secret. When traveling from DEN airport there is a way to get from the Terminal to Concourse A without having to go through either security line in the terminal. There is a walk ramp from the terminal to Concourse A and there is a separate security line at the end of this walk ramp. If the two terminal security lines are huge, you might be able to work the Concourse A security line and then either go to Concourse A or catch the train to Concourse B or Concourse C.

This was posted before too

https://www.city-data.com/forum/denve...-line-den.html

Old 12-12-2007, 09:55 AM

1,536 posts, read 6,111,490 times
Mexican:
·Benny’s at 7th and Grant, voted best Mexican by the magazine 5280, my favorite dish is the sirloin burrito.
·La Loma 26th and Clay, roughly
·Jack and Grill at about 31st and Federal
·Julia Blackbird’s 32nd and Lowell (more southwestern Mexican)
·La Cueva at Colfax and Dayton
·The margaritas at Rio off the 16th Street Mall and Market
·Some folks are big fans of the Satire on about Franklin and Colfax, I need to try it again.
·I use to like La Cocina de Marcos in the old location, not sure about the new location yet – Iliff and Quebec roughly.
·Blue Bonnet is just okay to me.

·Local Chains:
oReally hot – any Chubby’s location
oSantiago’s
oThe tamales from La Popular – Curtis and 21st
oThe tamales from the Tamale Kitchen – Tennyson and 44th
Hispanic (non-Mexican)
  • Cuba Cuba
  • Samba Room
Good Burritos and some Mexican plates but basically non-Mexican/Hispanic restaurants:
  • Racine’s between 6th and 7th on Sherman
  • The Watercourse vegetarian burrito (17th and Emerson)
  • Snooze’s breakfast burrito – LoDo, this is my new favorite breakfast diner
  • The Eggs Mazatlan dish at Dixon’s at Wazee and 16th Street Mall

Old 12-12-2007, 10:09 AM

249 posts, read 1,033,550 times
Benny's grilled chicken tacos are my second favorite (after the sirloin burrito).

I think I mentioned this on another thread, but Tacqueria Patzquaro is builing a roof top deck and a new patio this year so get ready to go there a lot more often next summer! FUN! The people who work there are sooo great!

Old 12-12-2007, 11:10 AM

1,176 posts, read 4,499,983 times
Two Fisted Marios Pizza, the best pie in town and almost on par with east coast slices.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:31 AM

676 posts, read 2,807,623 times
I love two fisted marios! Eating over the vintage arcade games and listening to intensely loud music late at night ain't half bad either
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver