Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 06:01 PM

35 posts, read 77,956 times

Advertisements

I've lived in ATL for the past 4 years, and have been to Denver a couple of times. There's no comparison. I felt a lot safer in Denver, even in the "ghetto", which I laughed at when my Denver friend told me about it.

Having the highest concentration of top 25 most dangerous neighborhoods in the nation definitely changes the citizens' behavior. I can't go outside after dark by myself, and I live in the safe area. This ATL v Denver comparison is silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 08:05 PM

62 posts, read 251,425 times
United States cities by crime rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Denver looks safe to me.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:58 PM

210 posts, read 251,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helluvaengineer View Post
I've lived in ATL for the past 4 years, and have been to Denver a couple of times. There's no comparison. I felt a lot safer in Denver, even in the "ghetto", which I laughed at when my Denver friend told me about it.

Having the highest concentration of top 25 most dangerous neighborhoods in the nation definitely changes the citizens' behavior. I can't go outside after dark by myself, and I live in the safe area. This ATL v Denver comparison is silly.
I feel you man, I'm from SWAT myself, escaped ATL 10 years ago thank god. IDK what it's like now but I know when I was growing up it had to be the closest thing to hell on earth. Everyone over the age of 5 had witnessed a murder. Even as a little kid every morning you woke up knowing that chances were good, you could lose your life that day. Everybody slept on floors and in tubs, we didn't even know what beds were. When I moved away I developed severe sleeping problems because I was so used to the sounds of gun shots, sirens, screams, and helicopters that it helped me fall asleep. When I moved to a quiet neighborhood it f***ed with my mind and I couldn't ever sleep at night. To this day I still sleep on the ground, I can't fall asleep in a bed. I'll visit Atlanta, but I refuse to EVER even drive thru the westside again, I'm so done with that place, I'm not proud of my hood, I hate my hood and don't ever want to go back there ever again. I know my hood changed because everyone that I grew up with there is dead.

These Denver thugs have no clue.

Last edited by Razorblade; 04-17-2012 at 11:09 PM..

Old 03-25-2014, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,864 times
There are gangs in colorado. My cousin was a member of a hispanic gang that wore black and blue. Back in the 1990s The gang use to exist on 5th ave and Inca st. Some of them lived in Thorton, some of them use to live in the 5 points neighborhood which also had the black gang the crips. Some of the gang lived over near the 7 Eleven on Alameda and Yuma. I had a few friends that lived in neighborhoods where the North Side Mafia gang existed. This gang was rivals with my cousins gang. Now these gang members lived on the North side near the chubbys and 7 Eleven on 38th. Some members lived over in the area near Colfax and Colorado. Some of them lived near Alameda and Yates. I had a cousin who lived over there with his wife and kids. I saw members in red. It does seem that the locations they once occupied has changed. They seem to now be living in different neighborhoods, but it's possible they could still be occupying these same neighborhoods. I also heard that biker gangs exist alot in Colorado Springs such as the biker gang The Devils Disciples which Duane Johnson of Dog The Bounty Hunter claimed to once be a part of. Also back in 2011 14 Mexicans in Colorado Springs were arrested for selling Heroin and Meth. They were smuggling drugs from New Mexico. Colorado is close to New Mexico. Also there is now other gangs occupying Colorado. These gangs are coming from other citys. I noticed a hispanic gang that wears blue. I think they are Surenos. I even once seen some gang tagging over near Colfax and Florida. They had tagged the gang name Florencia 13. Now Florencia 13 is part of the Sureno gang from Los Angeles. Now some gangs have clicks. by Clicks I mean that they are part of a gang, but they may devide themselves in groups known as clicks and go by other names. So this is a sure sign that Surenos are in Colorado, and the Florencian 13 Click might be occupying that part of the neighborhood or just letting people know they exist. Usually when gang members tag, they are claiming territory. Now according to what I know from being related to a gang member. Some gangs where blue to honor the Mexican Mafia. I know that Florencia 13 is affliated with the Mexican Mafia. Most members in my cousins gang wore black, but some members would wear blue and I did see some other members occasionally wear white, but that color wasn't really seen worn by members.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:12 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,612,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura1977 View Post
There are gangs in colorado. My cousin was a member of a hispanic gang that wore black and blue. Back in the 1990s The gang use to exist on 5th ave and Inca st. Some of them lived in Thorton, some of them use to live in the 5 points neighborhood which also had the black gang the crips. Some of the gang lived over near the 7 Eleven on Alameda and Yuma. I had a few friends that lived in neighborhoods where the North Side Mafia gang existed. This gang was rivals with my cousins gang. Now these gang members lived on the North side near the chubbys and 7 Eleven on 38th. Some members lived over in the area near Colfax and Colorado. Some of them lived near Alameda and Yates. I had a cousin who lived over there with his wife and kids. I saw members in red. It does seem that the locations they once occupied has changed. They seem to now be living in different neighborhoods, but it's possible they could still be occupying these same neighborhoods. I also heard that biker gangs exist alot in Colorado Springs such as the biker gang The Devils Disciples which Duane Johnson of Dog The Bounty Hunter claimed to once be a part of. Also back in 2011 14 Mexicans in Colorado Springs were arrested for selling Heroin and Meth. They were smuggling drugs from New Mexico. Colorado is close to New Mexico. Also there is now other gangs occupying Colorado. These gangs are coming from other citys. I noticed a hispanic gang that wears blue. I think they are Surenos. I even once seen some gang tagging over near Colfax and Florida. They had tagged the gang name Florencia 13. Now Florencia 13 is part of the Sureno gang from Los Angeles. Now some gangs have clicks. by Clicks I mean that they are part of a gang, but they may devide themselves in groups known as clicks and go by other names. So this is a sure sign that Surenos are in Colorado, and the Florencian 13 Click might be occupying that part of the neighborhood or just letting people know they exist. Usually when gang members tag, they are claiming territory. Now according to what I know from being related to a gang member. Some gangs where blue to honor the Mexican Mafia. I know that Florencia 13 is affliated with the Mexican Mafia. Most members in my cousins gang wore black, but some members would wear blue and I did see some other members occasionally wear white, but that color wasn't really seen worn by members.
Scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver