Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:33 AM

11 posts, read 25,633 times

Advertisements

any recommendations for parking downtown?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 10:45 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,677,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSimm2283 View Post
any recommendations for parking downtown?
Best bet are parking garages. They are all over.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:51 AM

11 posts, read 25,633 times
Are there any places in Philly similar to Union Square in San Fran, where you can walk to different shops and restaurants.

Just in general a place where people and tourists go to hang out?

Old 08-13-2009, 12:31 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,548,988 times
I've parked in the parking garage right below the Constitution Center National Constitution Center: Home (http://constitutioncenter.org/ncc_home_Landing.aspx - broken link) Easy to walk to the historical section and either walk or take the Phlash bus a few blocks into the shopping area or on to the Art Museums Phlash :: gophila.com - The Official Visitor Site for Greater Philadelphia There are tons of things to do in Philadelphia!

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:41 PM

274 posts, read 1,401,830 times
There will be a Festival of India event during the day on Saturday at Penn's Landing. This is by the Delaware River in Phila.
As mentioned, Constitution Center, Independence Hall area offers much to do.
You will find plenty of things to do, or places to eat in Philadelphia!

Old 08-17-2009, 08:25 AM

10,624 posts, read 26,751,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
I have read this board some and don't find people talking about doing anything in nearby Philly. I'm guessing it takes like 30 minutes or so to take a train/bus/drive into the city of Philly from Wilmington, so are the folks visiting Philly to go to restaurants/classical events/whatever much? It seems such a natural to me; however, in all honesty, the locals in DC didn't seem to visit the museums there all that much when I lived there....much like my cousin living 30 minutes from Nashville has never been there! Go figure?
When we lived in Wilmington we visited Philly all the time, although mostly for daytime stuff: shopping, exploring different neighborhoods, museums, lunch, etc. I spent a lot of nice weekend afternoons there, and Philadelphia remains one of my all-time favorite cities. For evening-only activities we tended to stick closer to home, while for full day-long excursions we tended to go to NYC or DC.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:50 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,677,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptown_urbanist View Post
When we lived in Wilmington we visited Philly all the time, although mostly for daytime stuff: shopping, exploring different neighborhoods, museums, lunch, etc. I spent a lot of nice weekend afternoons there, and Philadelphia remains one of my all-time favorite cities. For evening-only activities we tended to stick closer to home, while for full day-long excursions we tended to go to NYC or DC.
People don't realize there is lots to do in Philly. Really a great city. Have to know where to do and what to do.
Philly tourism should give you lots of information.
You can pull it on line too. will list all restaurants, events and sights.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:44 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,425,139 times
Here's a very good site that will tell you what's going on in Philly. Get on their email list, and once a week they'll send you info with codes for discounts:

http://www.phillyfunguide.com/

Old 08-19-2009, 12:05 PM

324 posts, read 1,221,253 times
If you are looking parking, the PPA web site Philadelphia Parking Authority - PPA (http://www.philapark.org/homeFlash.aspx - broken link) is a great resource to look, especially if you drive a taller vehicle (like I do) and worry about hitting the roof on a 6'2" garage.

Getting from Wilmington, you can take the train from Wilmington but the service on the weekends is to inconsistent to make it worthwhile NOT to drive.

There are plenty of things to do in the Wilmington and Brandywine Valley area but everyone has to go to Philly every once in a while

Old 08-21-2009, 12:20 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,786,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSimm2283 View Post
Are there any places in Philly similar to Union Square in San Fran, where you can walk to different shops and restaurants.

Just in general a place where people and tourists go to hang out?
Rittenhouse Square and streets east and north of it, 18th and Walnut St......the epicenter....day or night......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: