Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 09:19 AM

199 posts, read 938,768 times

Advertisements

Elizamary,

Good for you! You know, we all could second guess ourselves until we're in the Happy Acres Nursing Home thinking the grass is greener ... But, if you're comfortable with the decision you and hubby made, then great for you guys. Enjoy your retirement and don't research anymore! Just stick around and provide your sunny smile helping people with Delaware info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 02:30 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,677,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeweeaz View Post
Elizamary,

Good for you! You know, we all could second guess ourselves until we're in the Happy Acres Nursing Home thinking the grass is greener ... But, if you're comfortable with the decision you and hubby made, then great for you guys. Enjoy your retirement and don't research anymore! Just stick around and provide your sunny smile helping people with Delaware info.
That is exactly how I felt. Just go and do what you want and don't worry for we could all be dead or have lost our facilties.. When you get to be a certain age, you wonder how much time left? No one knows for sure but my motto is do the best you can, take it one day at a time, if a problem arises you will find the solution. And if you are dead then there is no need to worry.
I know i have a back up plan if something should happen to hubby first. He does and that worries me. My husband doesn't like to go anywhere without me anymore. I want him to make friends with some of the men in the community and he hasn't yet. So hopefully this will change.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:04 PM

Sometimes, I think I lost my facilities a long time ago.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Sometimes, I think I lost my facilities a long time ago.
No Way PeeWeez.................YOu still pretty sharp. I can tell by your responses. I dont' think much gets past you.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:22 AM

Thanks. Remind me to look you up when I get to Magnolia.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks. Remind me to look you up when I get to Magnolia.

And when will that be? Are you planning on moving back east for sure?
Would be nice to have you and the Mrs for neighbors

Old 08-17-2007, 06:53 AM

903 posts, read 3,507,256 times
I'm a bit late in jumping in, but we were out of town for about 10 days and I'm just catching up on my reading.

Someone mentioned NC a page or two back... interesting, that is where we are now. Although we are not at the retirement or 55+ stage yet, so we aren't looking into that type of community. What caught my eye, and I was "driven" to comment on, was the "good ole boy" etc attitude in NC. Believe me, it is alive and WELL! What can be unnerving is it is so sugar coated, you don't notice it sometimes until its too late. Ugh!

Old 08-17-2007, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
I'm a bit late in jumping in, but we were out of town for about 10 days and I'm just catching up on my reading.

Someone mentioned NC a page or two back... interesting, that is where we are now. Although we are not at the retirement or 55+ stage yet, so we aren't looking into that type of community. What caught my eye, and I was "driven" to comment on, was the "good ole boy" etc attitude in NC. Believe me, it is alive and WELL! What can be unnerving is it is so sugar coated, you don't notice it sometimes until its too late. Ugh!
Hi MaryCh,
We have people at Southern Meadows that moved from NC. I dont' know the reason why they moved for they just moved in Last week.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:46 PM

I believe it was I who made the comment about NC and the good ole' boys.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:47 PM

MaryCH,
Any particular reason you want to relocate from NC to DE??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware