Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 11:56 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,414,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
I find Ocean City, MD to be quite charmless when compared to Lewes, Rehoboth or Bethany. Of the DE beach towns, Dewey is pretty charmless but at least it isn't choked with high rise condos.
And when was the last time you went to Seacrets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 08:12 AM

604 posts, read 2,010,445 times
This thread is about newark DE and is being hijacked into something else IHMO.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:17 AM

2 posts, read 8,688 times
Has anyone heard of Reybould Corporation Inc.? They have some new homes down in Newark, Delaware in a development called Ascot Landing? Anyone heard anything good or bad about this company?

Old 08-20-2010, 07:53 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
I lived in Newark for about five years, until my job moved me to the west coast. Nice town, about 40 miles to Harve de Grace, May I recommend looking at Chickory Way, large townhouses that had a good HOA and little upkeep. try Trulia or Zillow

Old 08-20-2010, 10:37 AM

324 posts, read 1,220,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKeyz79 View Post
Has anyone heard of Reybould Corporation Inc.? They have some new homes down in Newark, Delaware in a development called Ascot Landing? Anyone heard anything good or bad about this company?
Reybold is the trailer park king of he Newark area. The houses they built in Ascot Landing are narrow and tall, just what you would expect to find on a former trailer park lot. Be warned, the area where this neighborhood isn't the best and the purchase of the house DOES NOT include the land.

Reybold took over another development called Meridian Crossing from Ryan Homes and their parent premier builder, NVR Homes. The economy crashed and no one wanted single family homes coupled with the fact that the sales representatives didn't disclose that there would be an apartment complex built within the community. Anyone that was in a town house, the few 55+ residences or the few single family homes were stuck. Reybold developed the land and took over building townhouses and 55+ housing...not sure if they got around to the apartments.

The townhouses Reybold builds there are nice, albeit a little narrow compared to the NVR townhomes. They come with land (a plus for Reybold) and they have solar panels and geothermal heating/cooling.

Prices are high though in the high 2's/low 3's...

Old 08-25-2010, 01:43 PM

7 posts, read 22,138 times
What about the town of North East, MD? It does not have a major university, but is a nice small town on the Northeast River not far from Havre de Grace.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,823 times
Newark, DE is a small buzzling town with peace and calm. Things like essentials are at a convenient distance with an average distance of 5mi - 10 mi. Green and all four seasons can be experienced here. But there is other side of the coin. It has problems that any small town with high growth rate have. Poor - average maintenance of roads, potholes, tailgating, high rain/snow time accident time are facts of life. if you are looking for green, calm and peaceful with accessibility to a wide range of enjoyment, this is certainly the place to be.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,148 times
I moved from New York in 2008 hoping for a better life. Till this year 2013 life here in Newark Delaware has changed for the worst. Yesterday I woke up at 5:30 am to find my car had been stolen. Life out here without my car is going to be hard. How can these people steal a car with handicap tags. How will I get around? Police really need to help us. Looking to leave the place where I called home. I don't feel safe anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware