Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 04:39 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
Harris Teeter told me they only double coupons up to a total value of $1. Meaning, if you have a $.50 coupon they will take a $1 off, but if you have a $1 coupon that's all you get. Is that true?
It's up to $.99 but it's rare to see Q's higher than $.75. So when you see a $.75 coupon you know it's worth a $1.50 on reg days because HT always doubles Q's below $.99 1 Q per item up to 20 coupons.

Quote:
Can you use multiple coupons for the same item? For example, I always get Campbells Soup coupons from the HT register printout at the end, next time I go can I use that AND the coupon from the paper? Also, if you buy multiple copies of the paper can you use the same coupon from each at the same time?
Yes if you buy 20 newspapers you have 20 of the same coupon. You'll catch on quick. But only 1 Q per item. Make sure you pay attention to ones like soup Q's because they are usually for multiple cans. For example progresso soup is on sale today at HT buy 2 get 3 free. If you buy 4 news papers and have the four Q's out of the Q section that take $1.00 of 4 it makes the $2.29 soup $.88/per. The 4 day sale though is ending quick if you missed it.

Quote:
My biggest problem is finding coupons for the kind of things I want/am trying to eat. It seems like a lot of the coupons are for the less healthy, more expensive snacks and processed stuff not for staples or meat. Also, I signed up at a bunch of coupon websites but most are for prescription drugs, services, baby stuff, etc. that I don't use, not groceries, and my inbox is swamped!
Yeah online coupons can be useful but you can't use the ability to get multiple papers and have multi Q's for when items are dirt cheap or free...cough cough.... colgate....cough cough.....gum toothbrushes....cough cough.

The Q's are a way for the mfg to advertise and get their product out there. Q's actually pay the store more than if you paid cash for the item. In cases like HT I don't know how they work doubling them everyday into their budget.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 12-07-2008 at 04:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 04:45 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,065,142 times
Quote:
What great tips! I have a couple questions though, I'm new to coupons and new to the grocery stores around here.

Harris Teeter told me they only double coupons up to a total value of $1. Meaning, if you have a $.50 coupon they will take a $1 off, but if you have a $1 coupon that's all you get. Is that true?

How do you know when they have double/triple coupon days?

Can you use multiple coupons for the same item? For example, I always get Campbells Soup coupons from the HT register printout at the end, next time I go can I use that AND the coupon from the paper? Also, if you buy multiple copies of the paper can you use the same coupon from each at the same time?

My biggest problem is finding coupons for the kind of things I want/am trying to eat. It seems like a lot of the coupons are for the less healthy, more expensive snacks and processed stuff not for staples or meat. Also, I signed up at a bunch of coupon websites but most are for prescription drugs, services, baby stuff, etc. that I don't use, not groceries, and my inbox is swamped!
The coupon that prints at the register is a manufacturer coupon and no, you can not combine it with another manufacturer coupon from the paper.

One of the easiest ways to get coupons for products you already use it to call or write the company and request them. It takes some time but you will get just what you wanted with probably 75% success rate.

Another tip, set up a junk e-mail box just for registering at coupon or product websites.

Old 09-07-2009, 02:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,378 times
I am new to Las Vegas. The las Vegas sun sunday paper seems to be seriously lacking in coupons. No P&G last week and I know from coupon web sites that it went out. Is there another paper that I could buy that would have them?

Old 09-07-2009, 06:22 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,504,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagney View Post
I am new to Las Vegas. The las Vegas sun sunday paper seems to be seriously lacking in coupons. No P&G last week and I know from coupon web sites that it went out. Is there another paper that I could buy that would have them?
It might be better to ask this in the Las Vegas forums but I will give it a shot. Usually when newspapers have a certain amount of coupon booklets to distribute they go to their home delivery subscribers first, then all of the other outlets. Make sure you check the newspaper before you buy it on the stand to see if it has coupons.

There are also a couple of really good coupon dealers on the internet. You can get coupons for them. Good luck and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

Old 09-07-2009, 12:30 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,200,867 times
I work for a newspaper. Coupons are sorted depending on zip code. Sometimes one area will get different coupons than another area. Baretta is correct in that home delivery does get first dibs, but many times grocery/product coupons are actually stolen from public paper sites....so you have to check the inside of the newspaper before purchasing it.

And sometimes....the people who actually sort and stuff the zip codes just don't do their job correctly. The customer service number should be on the second page of the paper. You can give them a call, but chances are you will reach someone in Manilla who is confused as to what you are referring to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff