Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 08:57 AM

3,791 posts, read 8,904,883 times

Advertisements

Stop stealing every coupon out of every Sunday paper in the rack. You ruin it for everyone and soon papers will stop putting coupons in the paper because of all the complaints. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 09:18 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,043,659 times
It's really a shame that someone actually had to put that in black and white.

I know our local stores have changed their coupoe policies because of these stupid coupon shows...ruins for everyone else who isn't buying 300 mustards...who in the world needs that much mustard?? Or Malloxx? Or 60 boxes of ceral and WILL go stale??

Old 06-12-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
It's really a shame that someone actually had to put that in black and white.

I know our local stores have changed their coupoe policies because of these stupid coupon shows...ruins for everyone else who isn't buying 300 mustards...who in the world needs that much mustard?? Or Malloxx? Or 60 boxes of ceral and WILL go stale??

EXACTLY!!! We get one set of coupons and go through them and clip the one's we need. We don't do it for a full-time job, because we don't need 100 cartons of KY Intense. We like to save a few bucks on our shopping trip. And I agree about these coupon shows. They have given people way too many ideas.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:51 AM

2,164 posts, read 1,655,381 times
What?! People are actually stealing coupons? That's insane! (Not to mention immoral.) It never ceases to amaze me, how ppl are brought up so poorly these days. I know, I shouldn't be surprised, but sometimes when someone tells me these things.... I don't know, I just never would've thought of doing something like that.

I do like the show, though, it's taught me some stuff about couponing. But other than the BOGOs, I don't buy more than that.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:09 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,043,659 times
I watched that show ONCE and only ONCE..it literally made me ill.

The blonde I think her name was Jamie? She was piece of work..getting herself all dolled up to " look rich" LOL she looked like a one bit ***** , she wasn't worth two.

I do stock up on things like laundry products. I love ERA..I found it on sale for $4.99 for the large 64 use bottle..I bought 10. Not the whole frigging store!!!

You can buy non perisable items in larger quanities..but I have to wonder about the mice and rats that go after their cereal and pasta and other crappy food they buy.

The one obese couple who had all those chips??? I bet they wonder why they are so stinkin fat..:::shaking head::::

Old 06-12-2011, 12:32 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,237,332 times
Newspapers have contracts with manufacturer representatives. They are paid to 'distribute' a set amount of coupons/sales flyers for those manufacturers. They will not have more in circulation than have been paid for or authorized....because they don't print or distribute for free. Advertisement cost, based on their circulation capacity, is as carefully calculated as any prime time commercial.

Many of you have probably received calls from your local newspapers offering you a variety of 'daily deal' or 'Sunday select' free advertising products. This is the first step in working with manufacturers to control the amount of coupons distributed in areas....as opposed to the out of control and unmanageable personal online coupon printing. It is the online sources, unless an onsite coded download printer is offered and used, who are in jeopardy of becoming extinct.

I work for a newspaper. This is an area of big discussion. It's a win for the newspaper and other print media who have suffered advertising revenue to these online sources who do not have permission from manufacturers to distribute coupons.

So no, coupons won't be stopped.....they will simply be more regulated.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:53 PM

Donating the excess products is a wonderful idea. I just wish their were a better way of distributing coupons. They could use the USPS to deliver a pack of coupons to every home weekly. It would be extremely cheap to do this and would reach every home. Of course I work for the USPS and it would help me out. Then you will see people stealing coupons out of mailboxes. Then it's jail time!

Old 06-12-2011, 01:55 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,237,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Donating the excess products is a wonderful idea. I just wish their were a better way of distributing coupons. They could use the USPS to deliver a pack of coupons to every home weekly. It would be extremely cheap to do this and would reach every home. Of course I work for the USPS and it would help me out. Then you will see people stealing coupons out of mailboxes. Then it's jail time!
Local newspapers across the country deliver these coupon packages at absolutely no charge on a weekly basis. It amazes me how many people whine about being broke, but yet are too lazy to clip coupons.

I always assume people hoard out of some inner fear. I'm glad I'm not like that. I'm on a mission now to start getting all the dog freebies to mail to texasfirewheel for our freebie mascot wonder dog 'Queenie'.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:26 PM

6,821 posts, read 9,370,545 times
Agree with the poster who said that people steal the coupons out of the newspapers, although I noticed this even before the extreme couponing show started to air. I always check my newspapers before buying because a few years ago, I went for two Sundays in a row where I picked up the newspaper at the grocery store and didn't think to check, and then got home and realized that someone had taken the coupons from my copy.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:13 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,453,950 times
You are so sweet, Glory! That darned Queenie has gotten so spoiled (who did that to her?) that I'm having to give most of her freebies away. She's actually gotten picky about her canned food..this is a dog who used to be thrilled about dry food! It happens to every one of my dogs...must be something in the air here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff