Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 11:54 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Camper, I hope the rains brought you some of this cold weather. Houston is having record-breaking low temps for this time of year: 50s at night and 60s during the day. In my area the temp never got above 65 today. It's wonderful to be able to keep the garden windows open 24/7 and keep the back door open all day long.
I have been in heaven with this awesome weather. Have the house as open as it can get! So wish I was camping!!!

Flamingo... I wish you were here ,sitting , watching the birds and just listening to my wind chimes. Love love love wind chimes. I want a set of those huge long ones that make a low deep bong... Bong... Bong...
I can feel all the stress of life just melting away.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:16 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
Thank you all for thinking of me - Camper1 - that sounds so relaxing.........

Old 05-16-2014, 12:50 AM

2,164 posts, read 1,652,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Just a quick update - still trying to deal w/the huge mess this house is, tons of phone calls, paperwork, one of my best friends had a heart attack/event (doing really well fortunately) and spent several hours visiting her today in the hospital. Trying to call Social Security to see if they push back the date my paperwork for my disability app. is due (not that they'll approve anyway....) - on eternal hold. I'm on my own and just the stress of so much to do is overwhelming, I put off the brain-work stuff and try to do a little cleaning, organizing, etc. (or just lay down). Not meaning to complain, I WILL survive this if SSA cuts me some slack. Hope you all are well, I pop in to read up on folks (haven't posted much at all obviously), but it does give me a break to read up at least, I envy some of you - just want to be somewhere calm - Some great folks on here!!
Aw, sweetie, sorry you're going through so much. It sounds very stressful, and I'm sorry about that. I hope it helps to know that your friends are here for you, & we are always cheering you on. I'm glad you have a chance to come on here once in a while and visit, give you a little break from the stress.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Hello there freebie chat friends. I am turning 45 this year ...

To those that understand and accept i gladly appreciate and would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Like you said, I'm sure it will not be easy, but Often with great challenges, comes great joy. :-)
Be brave, my friend, & when things get overwhelming, come here to visit with us.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
It rained here almost all day yesterday and now it's rolling in again. It was heavy yesterday and we lost the cable for a couple of hours. But, I was so happy to watch the rain. It's been such a long time. One of the lakes around here is down 22 feet because of the drought.

I know this will sound strange but I can almost hear the grass, trees and shrubs giggling with the rain. Talk about a resurrection...it happens when it rains in the DFW area. The boxwood is out of control with laughter.
I loved reading that, especially the last line.
I'm glad everyone is getting much needed rain. We got less than an inch yesterday, but the week before that, we got 6 inches in one day. I love rainy days.
But it's been humid, which means I have to run the A/C, which I hate. It's always so much nicer to have the windows open. I love my wind chimes too! :-) Very Peaceful sounds, & that makes me think of my favorite line:
This is the day which the Lord has made -- Let us be glad and thankful in it.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Oh Starr! I wish we were closer. In June it will be a year that my daughter got her first place and it almost killed me. Even though we were involved in everything and she's only 10 minutes away it's just not the same. I still get a tear for her everyday.
Today's Tuesday!! Dinner with my daughter every Tuesday.
I'm sorry that I didn't see this post before now. Obviously, I haven't been keeping up with this thread like I used to. I've often wish that we lived closer too.
I'm really happy for you that you guys get to share a meal every week. My daughter barely has time for Skype. And of course it makes it harder because of the immense time difference... For instance, when it's 9 p.m. here, it's 10 a.m. the next day over there. My first Mother's Day without her was very very hard. I was depressed all day.
Thank you for your support, dear, I appreciate it more than I can say.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:45 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Please pray for my family.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:58 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
With everything I have.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:30 PM

Yes, I will.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:53 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,811,050 times
Myself also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff