Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2016, 10:24 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times

Advertisements

It's finally starting to dry out here -- just in time for the storms predicted for this weekend. I've been taking Lulu to the park that's one block away for nice walks every day -- she loves it but, oh, it's been so hot and humid even early in the morning.

Lots going on here with my family and none of it good -- not with Lulu or me, but with my immediate family. I've never been the type to worry or despair, even at the worst times in my life -- but praying for certain family members doesnt seem to have worked.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:19 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times
Yeah, we're drying out here too. Trying to find all standing water but the mosquitoes are everywhere.

It seems to have infected me with the " crud". Sent me to the Texas Med clinic with a fever of 102. Fevers gone but this dang cough just wont let go.

Glad to see your getting out with Lulu TFW. It's good for both of you to get out but agreed on the humidity. Houston is sooo much worse than here.

I feel for you with the family part. I guess that's the only good thing about loosing mine. No more problems. Except the ghost.

Old 06-18-2016, 06:47 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times
I just wanted to check in and see how you all are doing, well I hope! Enjoying another couple nice days here after: horrible, nice, horrible, nice, horrible - LOL - I'm trying (a little at a time, pacing myself) to try to keep up w/yardwork, housework, etc. (oh how I'd love a free maid

I hope you're feeling better Camper!

Old 06-19-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I just wanted to check in and see how you all are doing, well I hope! Enjoying another couple nice days here after: horrible, nice, horrible, nice, horrible - LOL - I'm trying (a little at a time, pacing myself) to try to keep up w/yardwork, housework, etc. (oh how I'd love a free maid

I hope you're feeling better Camper!
I am!!!! Thanks for asking about me...

Happy Fathers day everyone!!

Old 06-19-2016, 06:36 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,821,393 times
Thanks Campster!

Old 06-24-2016, 11:44 AM

Happy Belated Father's Day, Bob and any other people who have been fathers or father-images.

Camper, I was so sorry to read that you were so sick. Hope you've recovered fully by now.

Poor Lulu. I think I mentioned that she was taking Apoquel for her scratching. It was a godsend, as it stopped her scratching/licking entirely within a few hours of the first dose. but it does have side effects (what doesnt) and Lulu got them all. Most werent that big a deal -- weight gain, behavior changes, etc -- but Apoquel works by reducing the immune system and, as a result, she got oral warts -- called papillomas -- which are caused by a virus. She was apparently exposed to this virus when she was in rescue -- many dogs are exposed to it throughout their lifetimes, but their immune systems fight it off -- however, under stress or when taking any meds that affect the immune system, the warts can pop up.

She had one oral wart that was removed when she had surgery for an abdominal growth last month. But the virus was still active in her system so 5 more warts popped up on her lip. They are so ugly, so large and look like big cauliflowers on stalks. The vet, and everything I've read, say that the best treatment is to leave them alone and hope that the immune system will strengthen and they'll fall off within 6 months. So I'll wait, although I dont think it's going to work. No other choice, though, as removing them surgically will only cause more to come up.

The abdominal growth she had, which I called horns, was also a huge papilloma and 6 more have popped up along the surgical incision.

These papillomas are very contagious to other dogs so my adult daughters cant bring their dogs over when they visit -- and I cant take Lulu to Petsmart or other places where there will be dogs. It's not contagious to people or critters other than dogs -- meaning that the pesky squirrel who taunts Lulu in our back yard cant catch it.

And my hiatal hernia has been acting up so I'm miserable these days. I've had this darned thing for 25+ years and it's never been a bother before now. But I think I picked up some heavy stuff incorrectly (listen to your mother when she tells you that you'll get a hernia picking things up incorrectly) recently and my body is paying for it. Please send positive vibes that I wont have to undergo surgery.

But, hey, at least my street isnt flooded and the a/c works.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:57 AM

Wow, I posted more than a month ago and no one has posted since. I remember the GloryB days when there were posts every day.

I'm feeling better but poor Lulu still has her problems. At least she has a great attitude and doesnt seem at all concerned about her troubles. We can learn so much from our pets.

Hope everyone is doing great and is just too busy with summer activities to post. Youall are like my family and I miss you.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:43 AM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times
Good to hear from you TFW, I've been thinking about you and hoping all was well.

SSDD here - - trying not to melt.........

Old 07-27-2016, 09:03 AM

Sorry peeps, TFW is correct. Just to busy with getting in some awesome river time and getting ready for the wedding. Not good excuses at all I know.

The guys come Saturday to put up our car port. Can't believe we have lived here for 25 years in this Texas heat without it. Where we park is really shaded with Elm trees but then you get all that sap so we tend to park in the sun. It's going to be something like what you'd see out in front of an apartment complex but more attractive,I hope

THEN.... ha ha we are going to pull out the old shed, put in an RV cover with an attached shed for lawn tractor, kayaks and like tuff. Someone is supposed to be coming by today to start disassemble and take the pool. We had a good run, used it for over 20 years but no no one uses it so it has to go!! It's huge, 18 x 38 6 1/2 ft deep at one end above ground, We were the envy of the 'hood! Sigh... times gone past. I miss those days.

Time to simplify! Own less, do more is my new motto!!

Hope this fines every well. I'll be check in more often. I promise!! XXO to everyone!!!

Old 07-28-2016, 09:00 AM

Wow, you have a lot going on, Camper! Seems like you're always doing something on your place. It will be a showcase when you're through. When is the wedding? You must be so excited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff