Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2010, 10:17 AM

4 posts, read 18,011 times

Advertisements

We're still fairly new to the Dallas area - and I wanted to see if I could get some ideas from some of you native Texans!

My husband and I don't do date night often - with 5 kids running around - we're basically running around for them all weekend, my husband has to work or we're just too tired for anything.

This weekend though - we're FINALLY going to do something. Just the two of us. I don't want to do the typical dinner and a movie -

Dinner yes but maybe something else.

What types of things do you all do on date nights with your spouses here? What restaurant would you recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 10:35 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times
What kind of food do you like? Budget? Any particular area you want to stay in or is all of the Dallas Metroplex open?

Off the top of my head great places to eat WITHOUT kids (as in very few diners bring kids to these places ):

Javier's
Bob's Steak and Chophouse
Kenny's Woodfire Grill
Kirby's
Pappas Bros Steakhouse
Al Biernet's
Oceanaire
The Melting Pot

All of these are great for a nice LOOOOOOOONG dinner for 2. No rush to eat and hurry up for them to seat the next person.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:38 AM

4 posts, read 18,011 times
Any kind of food - we're honestly not picky and I know my husband will pratically eat anything. Steaks especially.

All of Dallas is open - budget is fairly open. I mean I don't want to spend $500 for a dinner for two - lol -

Old 02-16-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoundforTX View Post
Any kind of food - we're honestly not picky and I know my husband will pratically eat anything. Steaks especially.

All of Dallas is open - budget is fairly open. I mean I don't want to spend $500 for a dinner for two - lol -

Start with the list above and figure out what area you may want to be in for whatever after dinner activity you plan on doing or it could be a before dinner activity since some things may be closed later. Then call and make reservations. What about the Nasher Sculpture Garden? That would be self paced and you could go there before dinner.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:47 AM

871 posts, read 2,689,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoundforTX View Post
We're still fairly new to the Dallas area - and I wanted to see if I could get some ideas from some of you native Texans!

My husband and I don't do date night often - with 5 kids running around - we're basically running around for them all weekend, my husband has to work or we're just too tired for anything.

This weekend though - we're FINALLY going to do something. Just the two of us. I don't want to do the typical dinner and a movie -

Dinner yes but maybe something else.

What types of things do you all do on date nights with your spouses here? What restaurant would you recommend?
Not a native Texan (just moved here from CA), but for my wife and I "Date night" is usually dinner and a movie:

So for dinner it's places like Texas Land & Cattle and Love & War in Texas, and also Pasand Indian Cuisine. Depends on what kind of food you like.

For movies it's a showing of a movie from 4-6pm any day at the Regal 16 off US 75 in Dallas ($4.75 a ticket between 4 and 6pm every day of the week, then we eat dinner after) OR the Cinemark Hollywood USA 15 in Garland, a second run theater with $1-1.50 tickets.

Starting next month, dinner AND a movie will be at Gold Class Cinemas in Fairview (practically Allen). Do a search for Gold Class on this forum to read about this awesome theater which is opening only it's fourth location in the nation here.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:41 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,223,832 times
We did Benihana on Saturday with some friends. Lots of fun and good food.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:14 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,152,085 times
I suggested The Grape and Terrilli's on Greenville on another thread (Terilli's has #1 martini, Italian food and jazz) - they are across the street from each other on Greenville - The Wine Therapist and York Street is also a good combo..Lakewood Theater Balcony Club is an excellent unusual place for a nitecap - with live music, usually jazzy. St. Martin's is another excellent place in that area. Kirby's if you want steaks that are great but not too expensive.

For the full show I would suggest Al Beirnat's...sports celebrities are usually there...no need to go anywhere else unless you want to start with a martini at Cafe Pacific - great people watching there too..if you want to drop a few more bucks have vesper libations at The Mansion Bar.

Sambuca and Live Oak/Rattlesnake Bar at the Ritz are another good combo across the street from each other.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I suggested The Grape and Terrilli's on Greenville on another thread (Terilli's has #1 martini, Italian food and jazz) - they are across the street from each other on Greenville - The Wine Therapist and York Street is also a good combo..Lakewood Theater Balcony Club is an excellent unusual place for a nitecap - with live music, usually jazzy. St. Martin's is another excellent place in that area. Kirby's if you want steaks that are great but not too expensive.
For the full show I would suggest Al Beirnat's...sports celebrities are usually there...no need to go anywhere else unless you want to start with a martini at Cafe Pacific - great people watching there too..if you want to drop a few more bucks have vesper libations at The Mansion Bar.
Sambuca and Live Oak/Rattlesnake Bar at the Ritz are another good combo across the street from each other.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:21 PM

4 posts, read 11,309 times
I'm from Grapevine and I love our Downtown mainstreet at night. There are great restaurants on main street along with wine bars.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:10 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,861,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinalily View Post
I'm from Grapevine and I love our Downtown mainstreet at night. There are great restaurants on main street along with wine bars.
TOTALLY agree!! My husband and I also like to be fun sometimes and go to Wilhoite's. They usually have good rock cover bands on the weekends!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas