Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 11:44 AM

493 posts, read 1,762,154 times

Advertisements

I'm having a well deserved date night with my husband on Friday and we are thinking about going into McKinney to either Rick's Chop House or Good Hues Grill. Does anyone have any experience of either place. We actually live on the Wylie/Lucas border so if anyone has suggestions for other nice places that would be great. As we are leaving the kids at home we want non-child friendly places
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 12:07 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
LOL!!! Doubledate? We are going out Friday night for our anniversary.

I've never been to either of those places. What are you looking for? I'm assuming steak? YUMMMM!!!!

Old 09-10-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
LOL!!! Doubledate? We are going out Friday night for our anniversary.

I've never been to either of those places. What are you looking for? I'm assuming steak? YUMMMM!!!!
Just somewhere nice where we can feel like it is just us again and we aren't the parents.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:36 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtotx View Post
Just somewhere nice where we can feel like it is just us again and we aren't the parents.
Then I guess Chuck E Cheese is out

I tried to talk mine into going out Saturday night instead to get something to eat then go to the Eagles concert. I think he already has plans for dinner on Friday (I need something to wear - I have an empty closet you know) but mentioned the concert last night. So maybe TWO DATE nights in a row - wow!

Let's see there is Kyoto's over in Rowlett/Rockwall for hibachi/sushi. Silver Fox in Richardson on 190. Very intimate experience - good wine list as well. Let's see over in the mall (Firewheel) there is the Brazilian steak place (Texas Master Grill - next to TGIFriday). Like Fogo da Cho and Texas de Brazil. Over in Far North Dallas/Addison you have III Forks. Up in Frisco or in Dallas you have Bob's Steak and Chophouse.

okay........I'm hungry for steak

Old 09-10-2008, 04:33 PM

Empty Closet? That just won't do. I've realised I need to try and get a hair appointment before the big night out. We are out on Saturday also. I posted a little while ago about gyms in the area and you very kindly told me about some - well we have our little girls at Eagle Athletics in Allen which is working out great and this Saturday they have a parents night out so we get to take our 13 and 11 year old out to the movies or bowling.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendations on restaurants. I'll let you know where we end up. Enjoy your night.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:27 PM

468 posts, read 1,886,363 times
Sort of depends if your looking for the biker crowd or a nice romantic dinner out doors. In McKinney, we like Poppy's right near the downtown square. If your looking for Beer, great BBQ and Rock & Roll then Hank's Road House in McKinney. From time to time VooDoo Blue plays at Hanks. They're a SRV tribute band. Poppy's has live music on the weekend also.

At Bob's, get ready to fork out over a hundred bucks for the two of you and you get a steak you could have bought at the Outback for $15.00. We had a not so good experience there and never plan to go back.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:31 PM

583 posts, read 2,633,241 times
I have been to Rick's twice. A cute place to eat. Both times we went I thought the food was to salty. Downtown Mckinney is a bit of a mess with all the renovation going on. A couple of other girls I know said they have had 'interesting' service at Rick's. I am not willing to slam it.....yet.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:40 AM

434 posts, read 1,481,668 times
I have heard nothing but positive remarks on Goodhues but have yet to eat there. Rick's is a little more dressy, food is pretty good (try his crab cake) cute boutique hotel upstairs and a winery is next door so maybe more fun overall.
they are extending the patio areas for the restaurants and doing other renovations so be ready for a little construction dust.

For Rick's make sure to reserve a spot asap. Sometimes they get booked up really fast.

Have a fun night

Old 09-11-2008, 09:10 AM

18 posts, read 83,216 times
My wife and I tried out Loft 610 on 121 and the Tollway. It was great. We had a good time, the service was good, and the manager took the time to drop by our table and make sure that everything was going well.

Hope you have a good time.

Tom

Old 09-11-2008, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 11,756 times
I agree with Ricks! My husband and I went there for our anniversary in April, then again a few weeks ago. The steak is great. We have also tried the salmon. The bar area is fun. Very social. If you want the best of both worlds....you could definatley have your intimate romantic dinner alone, then head into the bar area for a more social atmosphere. (beware the prices of the bottles of wine on the wine list) we didn't look until we got the bill and ended up paying $65 for a wine we would get at Sams for $15....and that is for a double pack!!!!! LOL

amom23
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas