Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 04:24 PM

308 posts, read 1,234,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer45 View Post
You state your opinion which isn't the same as "fact" or "Truth". 175 posts saying the same thing does not mean much. Saying a lie over and over again does not make it true. Some politicians use this tactic quite often.

I'd trust my realtor who is a friend over your opinion.
I would hope that you would trust a friend over a stranger on the internet.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:28 PM

308 posts, read 1,234,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Well you answered my question if living within your boundaries is what I was looking for.
What are you talking about? Here is your direct quote:

"I am moving to Dallas because I just accepted a job as a school teacher. I am single with a small child and will have a salary 45k. I am looking for a house with a maximum price of 110k in a clean and safe neighborhood. Were would you suggest I look on your map."

I answered your question.

Quote:
A person like this could live in many surburbs outside your boundaries. They could find a place that is nice, safe and clean. It would not require remodeling or any other major work. This is the reason why folks think your advice is not sound. Based on the scenario I just gave, you would suggest they either find a small fixer upper or be prepared to live in a crack infested neighborhood. There would be so many other options a newcomer would have but the fear of moving outside the BillDFW halo would be frightening. The fictional person I presented could move to Mesquite and send her child to recognized schools. She would not have to fear crime, drugs, or a trashy neighborhood. She could get a 1,600 sqft house that is less than 15 years old. Mesquite is certainly not the only place she could find a nice place to live, but it's one I personally vouch for. I am sure there are many others who can say the same thing.

I agree. Mesquite is not in Dallas. It is a seperate city and is a suburb of Dallas. If you have read this thread completely, the lines are for living in the City of Dallas, not the suburbs. I am not an expert on the suburbs, only the actual City of Dallas.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:22 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,442,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdfw View Post
I don't know why everyone bashes these maps, either.

Map maps are 100% accurate. I created them because there is a lot of mis-information on this board by people who steer those unfamiliar with Dallas into areas outside this lines. They are actually pretty generous and I personally would not live in many of the areas that I included, but they are still accceptable places.

If you are a newcomer to Dallas you should not be outside these lines - Period.

If you have lived here a while, then you can decide if you want to risk living outside these lines and if it is acceptable to you.

To suggest to newcomers that areas outside these lines are ok is irresponsible and just wrong. Crime stats alone will back me up and if anyone actually bothered to research crime, especially violent crime and burglaries on the DPD's website (both map search and streets search) they would confirm this.

For a so-called "expert" on DFW you do not know much. This is my 175th post and have nevered "trolled". I state the truth, even when it's upopular and I call it like it is, not some glorified ideal like many others here.

Again, be warned if you choose to live outside these lines.

Good luck to all.
From what you have posted, I can assure you you that I know more than you, but that's not the issue right now.

You have posted all this biased information that is just your OPINION. It does not mean that it is the truth and that everybody should go by it.

Also, I would like to thank you for giving me and many others a good laugh this week over this thread!

Old 11-17-2008, 12:22 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,834,348 times
Thank you folks for all of your participation!

However, this thread has long ran past its prime and is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas