Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 10:05 PM

20 posts, read 52,679 times

Advertisements

For all those bothered about my negative attitude about Mesquite, there are things to be grateful for in Mesquite. Heres my top 10

1. Library: The main library, its big, beautiful clean and has a million books and DVds and many many volunteer opportunities and also interesting classes, like Geaneology.

Rodeo: Of course its cool and huge and fun and as always and has the best food in town.

The Rodeo Hotel: the Hampton Inn: Its THE only place to stay in Mesquite if you vacation down here its nice and beautiful and comfy, we stayed in it when my parents house was getting remodeled, its beautiful.

Zen Meditation Temple: If youve never learned to meditate before its a great place to start almost free very reasonable and they give good orientations in Zen Buhdism, they also have a large amount of Christians who mix Zen with Christianity, so whether your Christian or not you fit right in.

City lake Park: close to down town Mesquite its beautiful, a huge amount of ducks and a beautiful lake and walking track.

The Elks Lodge Of Mesquite: I visited it not long ago its new and beautiful and they have plenty of activities going on there.

St. Pius Catholic church: Even if your not Catholic or Christian its worth visiting at leaste once, its the biggest church in Mesquite (between 10 and 25 thousand people)and the architechture is interesting and beautiful and the art in it and the statues are worth seeing.

Creek Crossing: The Creek Crossing area which is a newer area of houses in Mesquite,is beautiful during Christmas time and worth driving around in to see the Christmas lights.

The Arts district: i havnt been there yet

Town East: Yes its crazed and crowded yet its the only place to shop in Mesquite you might as well go see it.

There is also a Dude Ranch out here I cant remember the name of it but you can rent horses there, i did along time ago once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 05:54 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,204,077 times
My favorite thing about Mesquite is KEOM 88.5

Old 08-20-2008, 06:01 PM

869 posts, read 2,957,603 times
St. Pius is not in Mesquite.

I'm seriously convinced that you really don't have an idea where the city limits of Mesquite are. I'm not even sure that you have lived in Mesquite for four days, much less the years that you claim.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:12 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,437,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffari-al-texani View Post
St. Pius is not in Mesquite.

I'm seriously convinced that you really don't have an idea where the city limits of Mesquite are. I'm not even sure that you have lived in Mesquite for four days, much less the years that you claim.
I googled the St. Pius Church and found where it is. The map shows that it is 2 miles north of I-30 and about 3 miles from Town East Mall in Mesquite. The address for the church is actually in Dallas, but I think you could still consider it in Mesquite since it is right there. I don't know where all the city lines run, but it is hard to even tell when you go from one city to the next in Dallas, because they all run together. The only way to know really is by looking at the city limit signs and the water towers.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:35 AM

Its 10 minutes away from me in Mesquite if its a business thats 10 minutes away from me in east Dallas I consider it Mesquite.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorsbaby View Post
Its 10 minutes away from me in Mesquite if its a business thats 10 minutes away from me in east Dallas I consider it Mesquite.
So by your standards, since I can be at Town East Mall in 10 minutes, I would be correct in stating that Town East Mall is in Sunnyvale?

Old 08-24-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffari-al-texani View Post
So by your standards, since I can be at Town East Mall in 10 minutes, I would be correct in stating that Town East Mall is in Sunnyvale?
Actually yes especially sense Sunnyvale is considered to be in Mesquite if its not it should be Im in the heart of old Mesquite and a 3 minute drive away from Sunnyvale. Down the street from Belt Line which runs right into Sunnyvale's First Southern Baptist church of Sunnyvale, its what all of a 5 minutes from me maximum.

I mean you think of it how you like to feel free its a free country its your choice, but with these areas being so closed into me yea Id say were in the same area.
I diddnt mean to be especially specifically perfect in the exact adressed area of Mesquite I only meant to mention places where I know alot of Mesquite folks go to because its close and popular in Mesquite, whether its in Mesquite or not is of no importance but it is a very popular church for Mesquite residences, St. Pius is.

No offense but I dont usually take this much amount of time on getting this specific about nitpicky details, if you want to think Im an idiot you free to i dont care anymore.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:27 PM

So, in other words, you just don't know what the hell you are talking about?

Old 08-24-2008, 10:38 PM

No, I dont usually spend every minute of my day arguing about the exact adress of businesses of the exact city adressed to them is if theyre close to me in Mesquite whether they are in Dallas or not of theyre close theyre a part of my community. If your going to go get mental over this maybe you need to see a psychiatrist. Get a life.

If you really want the truth of it, we're all in Dallas county, we're all a part of Dallas county so who gives a care?
Oh I forgot you do its extremely important to you that I get the exact adress right to every business I name here every little detail. That maybe your idea of having fun but its not mine.

Im sorry but Ive got better more FUNNER things to do, here you go you want to win this argument, St Pius is in DALLAS. I STAND CORRECTED.YOU WIN. Now maybe you can get some sleep, I personally wont remember this argument tomarrow because I dont give a hoot.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:53 PM

Then why are you typing out much longer responses? With inaccurate information?

Oh, because you only wish you were half as intelligent as me. It's fun being smart and knowing how to spell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas