Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2008, 09:36 AM

72 posts, read 309,459 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

We're expecting to move to Dallas later this fall and I was wondering if anyone had had a great experience with a preschool or nursery school program. (We're aiming for the Flower Mound/Grapevine/Coppell/Colleyville area, if that helps narrow things down a bit!)

Our daughter is going to be two by that time and I'd love to have her get some experience playing and learning with others her age. I was hoping to find a Mon/Wed/Fri program for a few hours in the morning. I'm open to church programs as well, if anyone knows a good one.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 02:16 PM

149 posts, read 567,720 times
We were looking in the same areas a year ago that you are now and ended up settling in Coppell. We also looked at lots of preschools. One thing to think about is narrowing down your area because at this point most schools are already full or filling up with waiting lists forming. Some of the ones we looked at and liked...
Coppell - CCDC (Coppell Child Development Center), The Stringfellow School (Which is through the United Methodist Church), Smart Start, and lots of parents in town really like Primrose in Coppell.

Flower Mound - Lamb of God Lutheran Church preschool

Colleyville - Noah's Ark Preschool (through the United Methodist Church)

We looked at several other although the names are escaping me. Most of the ones we concentrated on were day schools that ran from 9-2 alternating days of the week.

You can't go wrong in any of the areas you are looking at. The hard part will be narrowing it down. In the end we narrowed ours down to Coppell based on my husband's commute and we have been super happy here.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:50 PM

709 posts, read 3,472,729 times
Holy Covenant UMC in Carrollton offers a great program for preschool age children as well as FUMC Carrollton. Also, in Coppell Discover and Share is an excellent Private Day Care and they can accomodate almost anything you may need for your child. My child attended Discover and Share and I was very pleased with what they offered him and how well they prepared him for kindergarten in public school. You can check their website out. They are accredited, too.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:59 PM

72 posts, read 309,459 times
Thanks so much -- looks like there are several great choices!

Old 07-10-2008, 12:45 AM

6 posts, read 19,493 times
Default Lamb of God in Flower Mound

We LOVE Lamb of God preschool in Flower Mound. They welcomed our entire family with open arms after our move mid-year from Florida. Our son runs down the sidewalk to get to his classroom, he loves it there so much!

Old 08-18-2008, 12:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,406 times
Default Reading Friends Preschool in Flower Mound

We had both of our children in Reading Friends. It is an academic program in the area and it is a great school. They have morning classes and increase the frequency of class room time based upon their ages. The teachers are wonderful and the director is really great as well. A very supportive environment.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:18 PM

149 posts, read 567,720 times
Wow this thread is well over a year old. I am guessing the OP found her preschool of choice. Good info to have though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas