Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 12:52 PM

213 posts, read 315,084 times

Advertisements

The plane noise is only significant enough to be disturbing in a pretty narrow strip. We originally lived in the area between 2499 and Gerault/Morriss. That area is right under the landing path and was very loud outside and noticeable in our upstairs bedrooms. We then moved west of 2499 (less than a mile from our original home) and barely noticed planes unless they were using the runways differently. I would say plane noise is bothersome east of 2499 and south of Cross Timbers/1171. North of Cross Timbers they are still high enough to not bother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 04:38 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,557,881 times
Quote:
So is the jet noise a problem in flower mound
As in Coppell (and I suspect Grapevine), the airplane noise is only loud in certain areas of the city. Stand outside for 15 minutes outside of a place you are interested in and your question will be answered.

I lived in Flower Mound/Coppell for most of 2002-present and it has never bothered me. Most of the time it doesn't even register.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:30 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,174,648 times
Airplane noise pollution is a serious issue in some of these areas. Do your diligence, don’t take someone’s word for it. Here is a link where you can zoom for a general idea but monitor noise at your intended neighborhood in person and during different parts of day and night. May be using a recorder. Investigate about gas drilling and cancer clusters in Flower-mound as it was all over news around 2014. I've not heard anything recently but you should check.

https://maps.bts.dot.gov/arcgis/apps...464cc0e9d5c9fb

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/n...nd-cancer.html

Old 06-26-2019, 04:20 AM

11,855 posts, read 26,872,645 times
The gas drilling has stopped, and it’s no longer an issue.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
The gas drilling has stopped, and it’s no longer an issue.
If gas is still there then it’s not going to be a non issue for ever.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:21 PM

473 posts, read 1,199,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
If gas is still there then it’s not going to be a non issue for ever.
You are digging up an old news :-), its like saying don't go to Plano schools due to heroine crisis it had in the past. Texas Department of State Health found no evidence of cluster in 2010. Seriously, you should be more concerned about the pollution due to excessive auto and retail in and around Plano than drilling in DFW.

Gas drilling is a dead issue in Flower Mound. It stopped in 2010. Flower Mound is on the edge of Barnett Shale with a relatively poor output/reserves compared to other cities like Fort Worth, Arlington, Southlake, Grapevine, Coppell...etc. This is one of the reason why drilling continued in other areas (although at a slow pace) and stopped in FM. Other reasons are FM tough regulations and continued low natural gas prices. There are only 8 well sites left in FM compared to 2000+ in nearby Fort Worth Town and 15,000+ in entire Barnett Shale. Many have already been shut down/abandoned. With the low natural gas prices and massive US gas reserves surplus in low cost producing areas like Marcellus Shale in east coat, I won't be surprised, if some of the remaining will gradually shut down in future in favor of housing/commercial projects. For any new sites to come up, you need couple of acres of empty open space and the gas leases with thousands of owners has to line up horizontally in a straight line. With the housing/population boom in the last few years, its hard to find a suitable open space left in the urban area of the city. If you are still not convinced, try finding one :-).

Old 06-27-2019, 06:34 AM

We shall see. For now keep up with Barnett Shale news and keep supporting environmental regulations.

Old 06-27-2019, 08:54 AM

473 posts, read 1,199,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
We shall see. For now keep up with Barnett Shale news and keep supporting environmental regulations.
Flower Mound residents are very vocal and involved and run to Town council meetings more often than other residents from other Towns be it be environment or even housing development. FM don't have a whole lot of new housing development like Frisco or other cities but I haven't seen any housing/retail development approved without some protest or public participation on standards, parks and recreation or open space. Yes, we added a bunch of new housing projects/ apartments recently and many folks are not happy about it, but we are much better than Frisco or many other cities whose approval process is lenient.

One of the reason I live in FM is the air quality and greenery we have that I can trust over other cities. When I go for outdoors activity, I have miles of running/biking trails and access to parks and lakes with negligible auto and industrial pollution.

Old 02-16-2020, 08:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,611 times
It’s just “ok”. We will be relocating out of Flower mound to a community more central. There is no major road getting you in and out fast. The development on 2499 is ridiculous- you may want to consider this before sitting on this 2499 rush hour parking lot.

Old 02-17-2020, 04:54 PM

5,842 posts, read 4,171,909 times
For what it's worth, Flower Mound has one of the best mountain bike trails (Northshore) in all of DFW. That might not be an interest of yours, but maybe it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas