Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 08:43 PM

317 posts, read 227,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mSooner View Post
It's a high-end bedroom community with great schools. LISD serves the area, but the feeder patters to Flower Mound High School and Marcus High School are some of the best in the DFW area. It is its own separate town and is pretty large. Most of it is construction from the 1980s-present, but the far west side still has a country feel and is relatively undeveloped...and incredibly pricey. It has awesome amenities as far as parks, libraries, etc. go. We go to Heritage Park's splash pad often.

Housing prices are similar to many of the other nice suburbs in the DFW area. You need to plan on at least $250K to get something decent. A 3500 sq ft home in some of the nicer communities (like Wellington) will be approaching $500K now.

It's a great place for families. It would be incredibly boring for a single person.

250k for something decent? There isnt a single house less than 250. I just did a redfin search here is the cheapest house. Expect 360k to get into the flower mound standard.

https://www.redfin.com/TX/Flower-Mou.../home/32804538
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 10:11 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,171,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cska View Post
Is Flower Mound a nice place to live? How are the schools and safety of the area? Is it considered to be a part of Dallas or is it a completely different city?

How are house prices in flower mound? Funimation Productions is located in flower mound so I’m interested in the area
Q. Is Flower Mound a nice place to live?

A. Yes.

Q. How are the schools and safety of the area?

A. Good. Safe.

Q. Is it considered to be a part of Dallas or is it a completely different city?

A. Different city. Different county. Different school district.

Q. How are house prices in flower mound?

A. It’s a seller’s market and prices are at historic peak.

Old 06-25-2019, 12:07 AM

487 posts, read 467,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterEgo42 View Post
Yes. It's terrible. Your windows rattle open and nobody sleeps. Between that and the horrible schools and inconvenient location, home prices haven't appreciated one bit.

/sarcasm
https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburne...ces-in-dallas/

https://maps.bts.dot.gov/arcgis/apps...464cc0e9d5c9fb

IMO and according to this map...it's LOUD!

Old 06-25-2019, 01:35 AM

59 posts, read 57,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeVilley View Post
250k for something decent? There isnt a single house less than 250. I just did a redfin search here is the cheapest house. Expect 360k to get into the flower mound standard.

https://www.redfin.com/TX/Flower-Mou.../home/32804538
Wow I didn’t expect prices to be that high in flower mound, what makes it so expensive?

If an ugly house like that starts from 255k I can’t imagine how much a nice house is

Old 06-25-2019, 04:21 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
I see you are from Houston. You may find that houses in DFW may be higher than Houston.

And it depends on what you call Nice and Expensive.

Some people call it nice and inexpensive.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:42 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,171,571 times
Quote:
Wow I didn’t expect prices to be that high in flower mound, what makes it so expensive?

If an ugly house like that starts from 255k I can’t imagine how much a nice house is

Q. what makes it so expensive?

A. Whole DFW is expensive, we are at our historic peak.

Q. If an ugly house like that starts from 255k I can’t imagine how much a nice house is.

A. Ugly and nice are subjective. If you are picky and have budget to match your taste, you can get your definition of nice.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:30 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,858,186 times
Quote:
Good schools
Nice, new homes in family-friendly, master-planned/upscale communities
Convenient to lots of shopping and restaurants, DFW Airport, and to the major employers in Las Colinas

Quote:
Sky's the limit. Flower Mound is very nice. Southlake is even nicer, and the homes are even more expensive.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Good schools
Nice, new homes in family-friendly, master-planned/upscale communities
Convenient to lots of shopping and restaurants, DFW Airport, and to the major employers in Las Colinas

Sky's the limit. Flower Mound is very nice. Southlake is even nicer, and the homes are even more expensive.
Can you tell me more about the area around Lakeside Parkway, I noticed there are several small neighborhoods there and it’s close to Funimation Productions office on Lakeside

Old 06-25-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I see you are from Houston. You may find that houses in DFW may be higher than Houston.

And it depends on what you call Nice and Expensive.

Some people call it nice and inexpensive.
Houston is going through a similar phase like Dallas , we are also at peak prices but still aren’t as expensive as DFw

Old 06-25-2019, 12:51 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,858,186 times
Quote:
Can you tell me more about the area around Lakeside Parkway, I noticed there are several small neighborhoods there and it’s close to Funimation Productions office on Lakeside
Lakeside itself is a road through a bunch of large warehouses. Lakeside west of 2499 is a recently built faux urban area with some loft apartments and a bunch of restaurants/retail. Along 2499 further south in Grapevine, there are a bunch of apartments near Grapevine Mills Mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas