Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 09:26 PM

294 posts, read 233,923 times

Advertisements

I have helped three elderly neighbors in the past to try and get them to use someone other than TXU. All say the same thing...I have been with them for so long and who would I call if I had a problem with the power. Their rates were all in excess of 12 cents kh. One I convinced to leave the other two stayed with them. I understand the raise the rate concept if no one calls them on it but TXU goes a little too far with that. I would never use them even if they had the lowest rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 02:06 PM

200 posts, read 548,975 times
Seems to me the unit price of electricity has gone up a lot and REPs are all playing very ridiculous games with add-on under-usage and over-usage fees. The most ridiculous one was forcefully removed from powertochoose recently: https://www.chron.com/business/energ...s-13037551.php

I've had Infinite Energy for 4 years and it has been quite reasonable (between 7 to 8.4 cents in 4 years) until now.
They recently started playing the same rate games with all kinds of weird fee structures. I wonder if they changed management or something happened. I have no choice but to switch to another provider, unfortunately.
The advertised rates on powertochoose are all messed up due to those ridiculous fee structures. You really need to look at your usage and crunch the numbers, or, like me, find a rate plan that still has a flat rate with no add-on fees, though it may be a bit more expensive. My new rate is going to be between 9.1 and 9.3 cents for 1000-2000 kWh with no under or overusage penalties.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:22 PM

964 posts, read 879,485 times
At least you have a choice. Stuck with Tri County
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas