Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Buying after short sale: credit history, young family starting out, cheap property, creditworthiness

Old 02-11-2008, 12:36 PM

42 posts, read 160,234 times

Advertisements

I am wondering if anyone who has come from another state, have gone through a short sale of their home there, and then bought a new home here in texas?

If so, did you have a problem with buying your new home there in texas? I mean with your credit history now?

I know many Californians and new yorkers have had to do short sales and are now relocating to texas. With so many people forced to do short sales because of the market, is it hard to buy a new home now?

We are one of these short salers who are moving to texas. We are going to rent for awhile but would like to buy a home within the year. Will we be able to?

Do you know anyone who has done a short sale and then bought a new home quickly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 05:43 PM

83 posts, read 344,413 times
Buying a home is SO easy in Texas. I didn't have a home where we came from in California (we are a young family starting out), but we decided to come here (for cheap property) I had the credit, no job, my husband had no job lined up and no credit. So pretty much, we bought a home with credit score only.

We could not have done that to begin in Cali, but please do your research and see if you really want to live in Texas. My husband and I aren't too fond of it and are planning a move back to cali within the year. (only been here 11 months)...

Old 02-11-2008, 08:44 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,319,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andiamodfw View Post
I am wondering if anyone who has come from another state, have gone through a short sale of their home there, and then bought a new home here in texas?

If so, did you have a problem with buying your new home there in texas? I mean with your credit history now?

I know many Californians and new yorkers have had to do short sales and are now relocating to texas. With so many people forced to do short sales because of the market, is it hard to buy a new home now?

We are one of these short salers who are moving to texas. We are going to rent for awhile but would like to buy a home within the year. Will we be able to?

Do you know anyone who has done a short sale and then bought a new home quickly?
Many people are able to buy a house within a few days after they do a short sale. In detertmining a person's creditworthiness, a lot more than the credit score has to be taken into consideration and it varies from person to person.

My advice to you is to speak to a mortgage broker that will pull your credit history, make a full loan application, and they will look at your DTI (Debt to Income Ratio), last 12 months of rental history or mortgage payment history, employment steadiness and more. You may qualify for a loan now and if not, they can tell you which items need to be addressed and how so you can get a decent rate whenever you are ready.

Every person's situation is different.

FHA usually doesn't look at the credit score to approve you for a loan. They look at employment history mainly, car payments. They are also more strict on the house, they want it to be in tip top condition so in case you default, they won't have a problem selling it.

Naima

Old 02-12-2008, 10:41 AM

42 posts, read 160,234 times
thanks naima!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas