Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 08:46 PM

11,916 posts, read 27,118,113 times

Advertisements

That's one I haven't head of yet!

There are a LOT of bars and clubs in the Addison area, and the city itself has an awesome fitness/community center. It's not really walkable like Uptown, but you certainly won't be lonely! It's mostly young professional singles who work in the area, or in Plano, and don't want to make the daily drive to Uptown. The schools in Addison are not great (DISD) so there are very few families there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 09:02 PM

9 posts, read 7,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
That's one I haven't head of yet!

There are a LOT of bars and clubs in the Addison area, and the city itself has an awesome fitness/community center. It's not really walkable like Uptown, but you certainly won't be lonely! It's mostly young professional singles who work in the area, or in Plano, and don't want to make the daily drive to Uptown. The schools in Addison are not great (DISD) so there are very few families there.
Thanks for the answers!
Previously, you mentioned that the commute would be 1 hour each way, but never specified from which location.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:11 PM

11,916 posts, read 27,118,113 times
Anything on 75 could be a bad commute to Addison or the Galleria area. It wouldn't always be an hour, but if it's raining, or there's an accident, it sure could be close to an hour.

Remember, too, that the Dallas North Tollway isn't free. It's easy to run up a $50-100 a month bill if you also use it for a daily commute.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Anything on 75 could be a bad commute to Addison or the Galleria area. It wouldn't always be an hour, but if it's raining, or there's an accident, it sure could be close to an hour.

Remember, too, that the Dallas North Tollway isn't free. It's easy to run up a $50-100 a month bill if you also use it for a daily commute.
I see, at that point it becomes a serious monthly expense. Thank you, I'll be sure to be mindful of that.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:28 PM

436 posts, read 587,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCowboys15 View Post
Yes, I am being mindful of that. I plan on getting a dog walker/sitter for when I'm at work. I appreciate the concern.
If you move to Addison Circle you can go home on your lunch hour to walk your dog if you are working by the Galleria. Living in the city of Addison grants you a free membership to the Addison Athletic Club. Addison Circle is VERY dog friendly. You will see people walking their dogs all throughout that area. There are also several parks in and around Addison Circle. Addison even has a dog Halloween event.

Map of parks around Addison Circle.
Addison, TX

There are a few complexes in Addison Circle. Allegro, 15777 Quorum and Post Addison Circle. Close by but not walking distance is the newly built VV&M. I know someone who moved from Allegro (Addison Circle area) to VV&M with his dog and he was very unhappy because there were not as many places for him to comfortably walk his dog.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTexanTea View Post
If you move to Addison Circle you can go home on your lunch hour to walk your dog if you are working by the Galleria. Living in the city of Addison grants you a free membership to the Addison Athletic Club. Addison Circle is VERY dog friendly. You will see people walking their dogs all throughout that area. There are also several parks in and around Addison Circle. Addison even has a dog Halloween event.

Map of parks around Addison Circle.
Addison, TX

There are a few complexes in Addison Circle. Allegro, 15777 Quorum and Post Addison Circle. Close by but not walking distance is the newly built VV&M. I know someone who moved from Allegro (Addison Circle area) to VV&M with his dog and he was very unhappy because there were not as many places for him to comfortably walk his dog.
From everything you've written Addison seems like the best place for me! Could you provide some thoughts on Allegro, 15777 Quorum and Post Addison Circle? Have you lived in any of them? If so, what were you thoughts. And which one of the three would be the nicest? I'm pretty flexible with my rent and would be able to go a little higher for the additional comfort/location. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas