Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2014, 02:11 PM

27 posts, read 35,145 times

Advertisements

If anyone out here has relocated to the DFW area (with school aged kids) from another state....or if you're familiar with the process, I have a couple questions.

How exactly does relocating work, as far as getting my kids into schools? Nothing has been made "official" but it's pretty likely we'll be moving to the DFW area this summer. I can't exactly get my kids registered for the next school year anytime soon, because we don't really know where exactly we'll be living. It will likely be in one of the burbs North of DFW (Flower Mound, Coppell, Frisco, etc), but we won't know exactly where for a few months. So, I don't really know what to do. If I wait until this summer, will I have a hard time getting my kids signed up for school? My older child will be in 1st grade and my younger child will be in Pre-K/JK. I would love to find a small Christian-based preschool for my 4 yr old, but I understand I won't be able to be overly picky considering the late notice.

Also, to Kindergartners go to school full days there? I was looking at a preschool online that also enrolled K'garten, and I noticed that the K'garten program was only from 8:30-1:30 every day. I'm just curious if those are the typical hours for K'garten in the public school districts.

Any advice on any of this is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 02:17 PM

27 posts, read 35,145 times
By the way, we will be renting a house for the first 6+ months, but we'd like to rent a place in an area that we at least think we MIGHT want to live permanently.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:29 PM

85 posts, read 144,873 times
Kindergarten is full time here. You can register your 1st grader once you are here and have finalized your area. For Pre-K, most Church preschools finish their registrations by feb/march for the Fall session. But there are plenty here so you might get a spot. Also, many many daycares/Montessori's offer 'private K' here but be prepared to shell out upwards of $800/month for them.

All the best with your move. We complete 1 year in Plano this month. So far so good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas