Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 09:37 AM

87 posts, read 135,527 times

Advertisements

Sarcasm doesn't change facts and facts validate PISD. If PISD wasn't supporting 75082 zip code of Richardson, your average per square foot would be much lower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 01:23 PM

3,836 posts, read 4,444,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
From the TEA website, looks like you can request that info if you call them. They only have back to 1998 published on the website. Have at it.
Naw I'll pass...it's just not that serious to me...but like I said, when I talk to Dallas old timers, all they ever seem to say about Plano was that 30 years ago it was a "cow pasture", "hick town" "insert term for irrelevance here"...no one was saying "Plano, small town with exceptional school district that wipes the floor with everyone else around"...

Old 03-07-2013, 01:24 PM

3,836 posts, read 4,444,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulching View Post
Sarcasm doesn't change facts and facts validate PISD. If PISD wasn't supporting 75082 zip code of Richardson, your average per square foot would be much lower.

I agree with this. Another example of this is Murphy. Murphy is split between two school districts, Plano and Wylie. Let's just say that property values in the PISD side of Murphy are MUCH higher than the Wylie ISD part.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:08 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,819,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW747 View Post
Prosper made a positive move to 16 according to that data....

Why do you do this to yourself? Haven't you learned not to mess with the Bull yet?

Just be happy in your corner of the Earth, no need to care about how high you rank on these lists. If there were a list for "what goes on at home" those same rankings would change significantly.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:43 PM

350 posts, read 749,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Naw I'll pass...it's just not that serious to me...but like I said, when I talk to Dallas old timers, all they ever seem to say about Plano was that 30 years ago it was a "cow pasture", "hick town" "insert term for irrelevance here"...no one was saying "Plano, small town with exceptional school district that wipes the floor with everyone else around"...
If you ask people like Lakewooder about what Plano is like today, somehow I would wager they would come up with something besides "large town with exceptional school district that wipes the floor with everyone else around" .

Old 03-08-2013, 01:21 AM

1,341 posts, read 4,907,938 times
[quote=TX75007;28546759]No. Most of the kids living in those districts moved in from elsewhere. And both towns have a majority of upper middle class families so those kids will naturally do well, aka "Southlake Effect" where the kids get the benefit of parents who tutor them and support them and who value education in general.

[quote]

Okay, I will bite, greatschools.com also lists frisco as 10/10, centennial being the top ranked high school. The asians (indians) are moving there..new house, new schools. The nicer homes (according to me personally) really start at the 500k+ mark. I saw some beautiful homes in castle hills(700k+), hebron high.

Older posts suggested that both have a high education asian population. Will these areas end up with the "southlake effect". Note, not TRYING to be southlake, just the effect. "upper middle class families, so their kids will naturaly do well, benefit from tutors, etc etc etc".

What am I missing..whats wrong with the that.

Back to the my OP, why is lovejoy and prosper on these "lists" if they are not that good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas