Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 05:24 AM

40,954 posts, read 49,234,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scream View Post
Just wondering why people are leaving Coppell and getting less money on their homes they are selling. Had lunch with a friend who is a realtor in Coppell and she told me resale prices are down and selling but sellers are taking a hit.
Your Realtor friend has absolutely no clue what she's talking about.

Coppell continues to be one of the hottest markets in DFW due to it's excellent schools and location.
Every home selling there now below about $600k gets multiple offers and usually goes for list price or higher.

There is an extreme shortage of homes in Coppell.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:24 AM

12 posts, read 24,063 times
I don't question Scream's reason for moving--perhaps he/she will end up correct about the overall outcome well down the line. What I DO have a problem with is the repeated doom and gloom posts about how it is all going to hell right now/in the near future, anyone living here is an ignorant idiot, and people are bailing left and right. It just isn't true.[/quote]

Sorry I upset you with giving you the FACTS. Just wanted to educate people house hunting in the DFW area(Coppell). Evidently some of the local real estate agents are not telling prospective buyers the truth. Coppell was great years ago but that has changed and buyers should educate themselves and do their own research before moving to Coppell.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:39 AM

3,478 posts, read 6,563,339 times
Quote:
Sorry I upset you with giving you the FACTS.
Where were these again?

I give up.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:45 AM

92 posts, read 170,085 times
If you ask me, Coppell never attracted me but with good location and school it has its attraction. I passed on buying there for several reasons including Cypress Water, fracking, lack of shopping, dinning and other things that make day to day life easier. It is a smaller town so home inventory can is always limited which gives the perception of hot cake. Some parts are very nice but older and more affordable parts aren't very attractive. There are way too many warehouses for a town so small. In Plano, we have homes in every price range but being a bigger town, pricy enclaves of 75093 are practically a city within a city. You can't have that in Coppell.

By the way what was the story behind their mayor's suicide and why do people connect it to fracking and huge developments?

Old 06-04-2013, 12:32 PM

74 posts, read 166,566 times
Quote:
Sorry I upset you with giving you the FACTS.
What FACTS have you given about the increased crime rate and declining school rankings that are attributable to Cypress Waters?

You've made 11 posts to city-data and all of them are anti-Coppell/Cypress Waters.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:36 PM

74 posts, read 166,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGeek View Post
By the way what was the story behind their mayor's suicide and why do people connect it to fracking and huge developments?
What?!

The mayor killed herself and her daughter because she had serious mental health issues. She was insanely controlling of her daughter. It had nothing to do with fracking (geez where do people come up with this crap?).

Old 06-04-2013, 01:49 PM

96 posts, read 194,432 times
Texas Mayor Left Note Before Murder-Suicide; Was Facing Financial Difficulties - Crimesider - CBS News

Old 06-04-2013, 02:48 PM

24 posts, read 36,418 times
Quote:
Just needed to correct the statement "settled with the developer and are moving forward." Coppell lost the lawsuits they filed against Billingsley to stop the Cypress Waters project. So saying they settled with the developer is incorrect.
Coppell officials say deal reached over land at Dallas' North Lake | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

Quote:
Feuding parties in the long-running, litigation-riddled battle over a planned development around North Lake said Thursday that they have reached a compromise ... Coppell officials said that as part of the agreement, which has yet to be finalized, pending lawsuits involving Coppell, its school district, developer Billingsley Co. and Dallas would be withdrawn.
More of your FACTS please?

Old 06-04-2013, 03:16 PM

40,954 posts, read 49,234,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinhmen View Post
He's full of it. Notice that article was from 2009.

It's been settled for years.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:48 PM

10 posts, read 26,321 times
I have been following all the comments about Cypress Waters. My wife and family will be moving to North Texas in August 2013 and have been looking at the Coppell area. The location is good and schools are rated good. Many of the properties we recently looked at have been reduced 2% up to 5%. I even made a low ball offer on a home that was reduced $20,000 in May 2013. They accepted my offer and according to my agent who researched the property told us the seller would be taking a hit on selling the home.
We never proceeded with the contract and have decided to pass on buying a home in Coppell. There are several other cities that also have top notch school districts and alot more to offer homeowners. Here are my reasons for not buying in Coppell. First and for most is the uncertainty with Cypress Waters. People have posted homes will be built there. I checked it out and they are building apartments and the acreage to build the apartments is massive. This is considered to be a huge project over a numbers of years to finish it out. Since it is in Coppell's backyard I don't think it will be positive. Just driving around Coppell especially Northlake Woodlands the infrastructure(roads) are in need of attention. Currently they have one High School. I know they have a "second" High School called New Tech High. A elementary school was turned into a "second" High School. Checked out the teaching style there and really doesn't prepare kids for college. So that leaves the one High School on Parkway. I currently have 4 children ages from middle school to high school so schools are a high priority for our family.
Previous posts did state that Coppell is one of "the hottest markets in DFW." "Homes get multiple offers and sell for a higher price." Personally I did not see that happening. Why would someone pay more for a home that is appraised for less. Also we have spent some time looking at the available homes on the market and that definitely has not been the case.
Coppell also has so many factories for a small town and are still building new ones. Taxes are pretty high so the factories are not offsetting taxes.
Also by the 121 Road we saw a sign about new homes coming in December 2013. I looked it up and they will be building about 400 new homes.
They are also building homes on Main Street in downtown Coppell. We looked but they were too small for my family. They have a Hard Eight barbecue restaurant a block away and the smoke that comes from there is incredible. All we could smell was barbecue when we looked at the Darling homes on Main Street. We did eat there and the free beer and food was good. Moderator cut: Off topic

Coppell seems to trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Last edited by Willsson; 06-06-2013 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: Off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas