Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 05:55 PM

40,956 posts, read 49,248,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by canative919 View Post
Checked out the teaching style there and really doesn't prepare kids for college.
Coppell has one of the highest College acceptance rates in DFW.

It's apparent you don't really understand the Coppell housing market.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:22 AM

3,478 posts, read 6,564,452 times
Canative919, I totally understand why you passed on Coppell, but a few things in your post are incorrect or just puzzling to me.

Quote:
People have posted homes will be built there. I checked it out and they are building apartments and the acreage to build the apartments is massive.
Apartments, townhomes, and single family homes.

Quote:
Just driving around Coppell especially Northlake Woodlands the infrastructure(roads) are in need of attention.
Huh? Where? There is construction on Mockingbird right now, but otherwise the roads aren't in bad shape, except for Sandy Lake between Denton Tap & Coppell Rd.

Quote:
Currently they have one High School. I know they have a "second" High School called New Tech High. A elementary school was turned into a "second" High School. Checked out the teaching style there and really doesn't prepare kids for college. So that leaves the one High School on Parkway.
Quote:
Why would someone pay more for a home that is appraised for less. Also we have spent some time looking at the available homes on the market and that definitely has not been the case
Because inventory is low. What is your price range?

Quote:
Coppell also has so many factories for a small town and are still building new ones.
I wouldn't call them factories...office parks is more like it. They are nicely kept and on the edge of town. I don't see the big deal.

Quote:
Taxes are pretty high so the factories are not offsetting taxes.
Agree with you there.

Moderator cut: Off topic

Quote:
Currently they have one High School. I know they have a "second" High School called New Tech High. A elementary school was turned into a "second" High School. Checked out the teaching style there and really doesn't prepare kids for college. So that leaves the one High School on Parkway
I don't know much about New Tech except that it is an alternative program and you aren't required to participate. Otherwise, what is the issue with having one high school?

Quote:
The infrastructure will not be able to handle it. Coppell seems to trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
Coppell wont be providing police, fire, utilities, etc. to Cypress Water. The City of Dallas signed up for that responsibility. Coppell will be providing schools and part of the settlement was that some of the North Lake land be given/bought to Coppell ISD to build new ones. The issue wont be overcrowded schools--what people are worried about is the "apartment kid" stigma. Only time will tell what really happens there.

Last edited by Willsson; 06-06-2013 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: Off topic

Old 06-05-2013, 07:40 PM

10 posts, read 26,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSooner View Post
Canative919, I totally understand why you passed on Coppell, but a few things in your post are incorrect or just puzzling to me.

Apartments, townhomes, and single family homes.

Huh? Where? There is construction on Mockingbird right now, but otherwise the roads aren't in bad shape, except for Sandy Lake between Denton Tap & Coppell Rd.

Because inventory is low. What is your price range?

I wouldn't call them factories...office parks is more like it. They are nicely kept and on the edge of town. I don't see the big deal.

Agree with you there.

Moderator cut: Orphan

I don't know much about New Tech except that it is an alternative program and you aren't required to participate. Otherwise, what is the issue with having one high school?

Coppell wont be providing police, fire, utilities, etc. to Cypress Water. The City of Dallas signed up for that responsibility. Coppell will be providing schools and part of the settlement was that some of the North Lake land be given/bought to Coppell ISD to build new ones. The issue wont be overcrowded schools--what people are worried about is the "apartment kid" stigma. Only time will tell what really happens there.

This will be my last post on this forum. Coppell is officially off our list for house hunting. I just want to respond to mSooner.

1) Cypress Waters will be mainly apartments. Just look at their website or call them directly and ask if there are any plans for homes. You will be surprised at their response. Also, I recently found out gas drilling will be done there. "The land permitted for gas drilling belongs to Luminant and the Cypress developers have no say over its use for gas exploration."

2) You answered you own question about roads needing repair. Sandy Lake between Denton Tap and Coppell Road are not the only roads needing repair.

3) You can call factories "office parks" if you like. A factory is a factory and several people on this forum have commented that there are too many for such a small town.

4) One High School is not a problem for a small town but when you are building apartments on 1,000 plus acres of land and then you are building 400 homes by the 121 Road. Does one high school have the room or the faculty to absorb all these new students. Poor city planning for all the anticipated growth.

5) We ate at Hard Eight on a Thursday night and they were serving free beer with a meal. Not sure why you even mentioned that. I only mentioned it because the food was good.

6) The comment by Rabid Tiger was pretty insensitive. I guess he was just answering a question. Still unnecessary information.

7) They already have built a number of apartments in Cypress Waters. No school building plans anywhere in site. People moving there will be driving to Coppell for services and shopping because they are so close. The town is just too small to accommodate apartments on 1,000 acres of land and gas drilling which is inevitable there. Again only time will tell the impact on Coppell.

Last edited by Willsson; 06-06-2013 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: Off topic

Old 06-05-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Coppell has one of the highest College acceptance rates in DFW.

It's apparent you don't really understand the Coppell housing market.
So does Highland Park, Southlake and Plano.....

Old 06-05-2013, 08:01 PM

276 posts, read 529,075 times
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Coppell Market Snapshot
Share Download Embed
Today 1 Month Ago 1 Year Ago
Total Inventory 68 72 6% 154 56%
Median List Price $375,000 $384,900 3% $335,000 12%
% Distressed - 1% -
Median DOM 35 23 52% 42 17%
Median House Size 3,016 3,066 2% 2,938 3%
Median $/Sqft $130/sqft $134/sqft 3% $122/sqft 7%

Coppell Market Data
Share Download Embed
11/12 12/12 1/13 2/13 3/13 4/13 5/13
Price Reductions 29 17 15 12 18 11 24
New Listings 28 20 45 58 72 79 82
Sold/Expired 61 44 63 70 74 74 78

Last edited by Yac; 06-07-2013 at 05:47 AM..

Old 06-06-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
1) Cypress Waters will be mainly apartments. Just look at their website or call them directly and ask if there are any plans for homes. You will be surprised at their response. Also, I recently found out gas drilling will be done there. "The land permitted for gas drilling belongs to Luminant and the Cypress developers have no say over its use for gas exploration."
Sure, we all knew that. But townhomes are already going up. I drive by them every day. I don't know what the latest on the single family homes plans are now, but they were part of the last plan I saw. The gas drilling is a bummer, but I don't know how much that really has to do with Cypress Waters.

Quote:
2) You answered you own question about roads needing repair. Sandy Lake between Denton Tap and Coppell Road are not the only roads needing repair.
No, I didn't. I mentioned one small stretch of road that needed repair and one small stretch in a residential area undergoing repair. Otherwise, I really don't see any road repair issues and I'm curious to know what you are talking about.

Quote:
3) You can call factories "office parks" if you like. A factory is a factory and several people on this forum have commented that there are too many for such a small town.
"Factory" implies manufacturing has connotations of pollution, etc. From what I can tell these are mostly warehouses and office space. There is a difference.

Quote:
4) One High School is not a problem for a small town but when you are building apartments on 1,000 plus acres of land and then you are building 400 homes by the 121 Road. Does one high school have the room or the faculty to absorb all these new students. Poor city planning for all the anticipated growth.
I guess you didn't read what I posted earlier. Coppell ISD now OWNS some of the Cypress Waters land and is planning on this future growth. From the ISD Website:

Quote:
During their regular scheduled May 2008 meeting of the CISD Board of Trustees, school board members were able to get a glimpse of how potential school district property could be utilized for future school buildings in the North Lake Development of Cypress Waters. Architects Mike Elmore and Terry Hoyle of SHW Group presented conceptual drawings of a plan to development the 125 acres of property, currently in litigation, in a total of four phases. The first phase of 113 acres could include a 1200 student high school and an elementary school. Phase II (a 12 acre tract) could house an additional elementary school while the plans for a middle school were included in Phase III. The plans for development in Phase IV included an increase from 1200 to 2400 students at the high school, additional Fine Arts, an administration building, and an alternative learning center.
News Stories / North Lake Update

Quote:
5) We ate at Hard Eight on a Thursday night and they were serving free beer with a meal. Not sure why you even mentioned that. I only mentioned it because the food was good.
Just curious because it was never free when we go. I want to get in on this

Quote:
6) The comment by Rabid Tiger was pretty insensitive. I guess he was just answering a question. Still unnecessary information.
It's what happened. It's sad, but he/she only said it to point out the lack of political scandal. I don't understand why you are up in arms over this.

Quote:
7) They already have built a number of apartments in Cypress Waters. No school building plans anywhere in site. People moving there will be driving to Coppell for services and shopping because they are so close. The town is just too small to accommodate apartments on 1,000 acres of land and gas drilling which is inevitable there. Again only time will tell the impact on Coppell.
See my post above about the school situation--there definitely is a plan. The rest of your concern doesn't make sense. The one area I can see a problem with is increased traffic on Belt Line and MacArthur. Otherwise, the City of Dallas has confirmed they will be providing city services such as Police and Fire. Not Coppell's problem.

Coppell doesn't have a lot of shopping to begin with--it doesn't follow that Cypress Water residents would leave their complex (that will include lots of shopping already) to overcrowd Coppell, especially considering how close Cypress Waters is to the shopping area 635 & MacArthur. That's where Coppell residents go now, or to Lewisville or Grapevine Mills. The only other services I can think of is maybe the City Library, but they wouldn't be able to get a card anyway as a non-resident. The Dallas Library system may have to pony up the money to build a branch out here.

I do think you are right that no one really knows the impact of what Cypress Waters will be on Coppell, but as I've said before, I don't think it is automatically a cluster****

I know this poster doesn't plan on returning, but I think it is important to address misinformation and non-issues for other posters.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mSooner View Post
Sure, we all knew that. But townhomes are already going up. I drive by them every day. I don't know what the latest on the single family homes plans are now, but they were part of the last plan I saw. The gas drilling is a bummer, but I don't know how much that really has to do with Cypress Waters.

No, I didn't. I mentioned one small stretch of road that needed repair and one small stretch in a residential area undergoing repair. Otherwise, I really don't see any road repair issues and I'm curious to know what you are talking about.

"Factory" implies manufacturing has connotations of pollution, etc. From what I can tell these are mostly warehouses and office space. There is a difference.

I guess you didn't read what I posted earlier. Coppell ISD now OWNS some of the Cypress Waters land and is planning on this future growth. From the ISD Website:

News Stories / North Lake Update

Just curious because it was never free when we go. I want to get in on this

It's what happened. It's sad, but he/she only said it to point out the lack of political scandal. I don't understand why you are up in arms over this.

See my post above about the school situation--there definitely is a plan. The rest of your concern doesn't make sense. The one area I can see a problem with is increased traffic on Belt Line and MacArthur. Otherwise, the City of Dallas has confirmed they will be providing city services such as Police and Fire. Not Coppell's problem.

Coppell doesn't have a lot of shopping to begin with--it doesn't follow that Cypress Water residents would leave their complex (that will include lots of shopping already) to overcrowd Coppell, especially considering how close Cypress Waters is to the shopping area 635 & MacArthur. That's where Coppell residents go now, or to Lewisville or Grapevine Mills. The only other services I can think of is maybe the City Library, but they wouldn't be able to get a card anyway as a non-resident. The Dallas Library system may have to pony up the money to build a branch out here.

I do think you are right that no one really knows the impact of what Cypress Waters will be on Coppell, but as I've said before, I don't think it is automatically a cluster****

I know this poster doesn't plan on returning, but I think it is important to address misinformation and non-issues for other posters.
Need to clarify "misinformation and non-issues."

1) On May 23, 2013, "Cypress Waters-the community opened in 2013, is located in Coppell and currently has 673 apartments for Lease. One bedroom range in size for 584 sq. feet to 974 sq. feet. Two bedroom range in size from 1152 sq. feet to 1313 sq. feet. Three bedrooms are 1513 sq. feet. Flat and townhome style are also available for lease."

2) Moderator cut: Off topic

3) I looked up the definition of factory vs. warehouse. "Warehouses are primarily for storage and distribution and need to have a high roof line for pallet racking and other storage (6 metres minimum) and good access for large vehicles carrying containers. Factories are for manufacturing and are less reliant on height depending on the manufacturing industry involved." You win we can call them warehouses. Still too many being built for a small town! Hopefully the roads can handle all those big rigs coming in and out of town.

4) Your school information is from 2008. It's 2013 and most of that information is out of date.

5) All you need to do is call Hard Eight and ask them about their beer policy. Easy fix.

Glad my "concern doesn't make sense. I did start with a local real estate agent because I thought they would know the area best. Opps, big mistake changed real estate agent who was not local and got lots of current information. Need I say more on that topic.

Please get the current June 2013 information and not information from 5 years ago.

Last edited by Willsson; 06-06-2013 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: Off topic

Old 06-06-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canative919 View Post
Need to clarify "misinformation and non-issues."

1) On May 23, 2013, "Cypress Waters-the community opened in 2013, is located in Coppell and currently has 673 apartments for Lease. One bedroom range in size for 584 sq. feet to 974 sq. feet. Two bedroom range in size from 1152 sq. feet to 1313 sq. feet. Three bedrooms are 1513 sq. feet. Flat and townhome style are also available for lease."

2) I was not up in arms over the mayor's suicide. The comment made about her "having mental problems and being a controlling mother of her daughter" was just insensitive. I lost a family member to suicide and it's a tough situation so the insensitive comment was unnecessary. Enough on that subject.

3) I looked up the definition of factory vs. warehouse. "Warehouses are primarily for storage and distribution and need to have a high roof line for pallet racking and other storage (6 metres minimum) and good access for large vehicles carrying containers. Factories are for manufacturing and are less reliant on height depending on the manufacturing industry involved." You win we can call them warehouses. Still too many being built for a small town! Hopefully the roads can handle all those big rigs coming in and out of town.

4) Your school information is from 2008. It's 2013 and most of that information is out of date.

5) All you need to do is call Hard Eight and ask them about their beer policy. Easy fix.

Glad my "concern doesn't make sense. I did start with a local real estate agent because I thought they would know the area best. Opps, big mistake changed real estate agent who was not local and got lots of current information. Need I say more on that topic.

Please get the current June 2013 information and not information from 5 years ago.
Just needed to add one more thing.

Cypress Waters Apartments & Townhomes The apartment community is managed by Billingsley Management Company and is open M-F 9-6. Two pets are accepted up to 70lbs. Breed restrictions apply. Children attend Pinkerton Elementary School, Coppell Middle School West Middle School, and Coppell High School.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
That is because it was the last update. That doesn't mean there isn't a plan. I guess I could really call CISD Admin Offices and ask, but I'm not worried about it enough to.

Quote:
It's called humor, dude.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:50 PM

74 posts, read 166,598 times
canative919 is wrong about CISD having no plan for Cypress Waters. They're building a new elementary school on the south side next year. They have plans for a jr high and high school in the same area if the demand requires it. They're well aware of the additional homes, town homes, and apartments being built in the CISD area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas