Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 01:45 PM

16 posts, read 60,000 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating to Dallas and aiming to move down by mid-end of February. I've visited some apartments before, such as the two on McKinney ave, post worthington, and one more but I don't remember the names.

I'm looking to spend up to $1400 for the absolute best 1BR.

I've heard of the Ashton and the Monterey -- any input on those? Some of the reviews I see online for apartments are honestly huge turn offs and make these places sound like shady dumps, but I know not to put too much stock into these online reviews.

So, that being said, what are some places you'd recommend? I'm looking for hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. I want to be within walkable distances to restaurants and bars, but I don't want to deal with the noise these areas can generate.

I don't want to deal with parking issues; I want to have my own spot and know it'll always be there (I've read a lot of reviews where people can't find parking spots after 9-10 PM because residents' friends park their cars in the lots).

I'm trying to compile a list of places I want to check out for my realtor and I've come up with the Ashton, Monterey, and 1900 McKinney so far.

Can anyone point me towards the nicer, uptown dallas apartments?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 01:51 PM

350 posts, read 868,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
I'm looking to spend up to $1400 for the absolute best 1BR.
1400 dollars is not going to get you the absolute best anything in Uptown.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:01 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,175,262 times
That being said you should be able to get a decent 1BR for $1400. I knew someone who lived in the Monterrey and they liked it mostly -- though there was a problem awhile back with some tenants letting their dogs relieve themselves in public places. But their unit seemed very nice and quiet. But the building is like a maze inside and heaven help you if your unit is not near the elevator and you have to lug up lots of groceries or packages.

What about Gables Park 17? Though you'd have to spend more like $1600-$1700.

Gables Park 17 Apartments: Photos, Floorplans, Availability and Pricing. Address: 1700 Cedar Springs Road, Dallas, TX. Luxury Gables Apartments for Rent.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:08 PM

I realize 1400 won't get me the absolute best. What I meant is I want the absolute best 1400 would get me.

^ I also heard about the dogs 'letting loose' at the Monterey; read it online in a review.

Any other suggestions that'll keep me under $1400?

Old 01-18-2012, 02:20 PM

986 posts, read 1,667,785 times
Does it have to be Uptown? Would you even consider downtown?

Old 01-18-2012, 03:05 PM

I highly, strongly prefer Uptown because of the local nightlife and restaurants. Everything is walkable uptown, whereas in downtown Dallas, it is not.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:44 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,324,000 times
Quote:
I've heard of the Ashton and the Monterey -- any input on those?
Input? Yes, Ashton is out of your budget and Monterrey is prob cutting it close. Depends on what size you want. Also Monterrey is on the side of a major highway (US 75)'s access road so look at units on the McKinney Ave (quieter) side.

Quote:
So, that being said, what are some places you'd recommend? I'm looking for hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. I want to be within walkable distances to restaurants and bars, but I don't want to deal with the noise these areas can generate.

I don't want to deal with parking issues; I want to have my own spot and know it'll always be there (I've read a lot of reviews where people can't find parking spots after 9-10 PM because residents' friends park their cars in the lots).
1. Parking issues aboound in Uptown.
2. $1400 isn't going to get you everything you want as far as amenities, especially the closer you are to a good location.
I'd check into the Post or Gables properties or possibly the West Village (but you may not like the noise & parking there) as they're a little less expensive and more generic.

Quote:
I'm trying to compile a list of places I want to check out for my realtor and I've come up with the Ashton, Monterey, and 1900 McKinney so far.
1900 McKinney is also likely to be beyond your budget.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:27 AM

Damn

Old 01-19-2012, 03:46 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,228,487 times
A friend of mine lived at Worthington. I thought it was a pretty nice place.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:06 PM

I'm upping the ante and considering the Glass House by Windsor.

Seems like I'll be paying 1600 minimum but the glass windows are simply mindblowing -- from my computer screen at least.

I'd love to live in a building that gets a lot of natural sunlight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: