Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 09:35 PM

31 posts, read 64,019 times

Advertisements

Hi! I am currently looking for a teaching job also and have applied to Dallas ISD. I have a MA in education and 11 years experience and passed all my tests so I am certified here. I don't know about alternative certification but you might want to look into CHARTER schools and private schools. They often can be a bit more flexible in hiring! I also see a TON of Math teacher openings.

I left a GREAT public school in Denver bc by husband took a job out here. I would like to be in a public school, but they are behind in hiring already! The private schools here are already interviewing and posting jobs and the HR at Dallas ISD said they can't give principals the applications until the posting closes! I submitted my application to a private school and got a call back the next day. I hope the public schools get on the ball soon!!! The best teachers may have jobs by the time they get around to organizing applications!

P.S. Could anyone tell me what a CTU teacher is? I forgot to ask the HR person today on the phone!

Last edited by dlei456; 01-10-2012 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: added a question!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 04:24 AM

753 posts, read 1,482,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlei456 View Post
...I left a GREAT public school in Denver bc by husband took a job out here. I would like to be in a public school, but they are behind in hiring already! The private schools here are already interviewing and posting jobs and the HR at Dallas ISD said they can't give principals the applications until the posting closes! I submitted my application to a private school and got a call back the next day. I hope the public schools get on the ball soon!!! The best teachers may have jobs by the time they get around to organizing applications!
!
After you have filled out your application online for DISD (which it sounds like you already did), email the principal at the school where there is an opening a cover letter, resume, etc. directly. This is how I got a job offer in DISD last January. Most principals in these big districts don't even keep track of new applicants for their openings in my experience. You have to go to them. They won't come to you.

Good luck.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:13 PM

10 posts, read 10,608 times
Totally agree with love2 read. Been a Texas certified life licensed teacher since age 20. Always wanted to be a teacher. Both parents retired Texas teachers since the 1960's.

Yeah these alternative cert teachers are everywhere now. In gods world I don't think it's fair for these people to show up only when there isn't a job for them anywhere else. That's my opinion:

Old 10-19-2015, 04:38 PM

21 posts, read 40,161 times
I'm about to start the Texas Teachers program. You only pay 295 to start and you don't have to pay the 4K until you start as a teacher. Low risk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: