Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 12:33 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,423,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleFly View Post
it goes to Marcus High school (which isn't bad). Is that considered Flower Mound?

LOL.

Yes. Marcus is Flower Mound. They have a huge rivalry with FMHS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 01:01 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
to hold down residential tax rate is exactly why Southlake started adding retail--and most retail in past 10 yrs has been upscale variety--not what was in Southlake before--
so Southlake knows it walks a fine line between tax rate, retail/residential balance, and quality of life--
MOST of the newer developments going in Southlake start on 1 acre lots--which allows the builders/city to get higher price per sq ft--keeping the residential at high starting point

and how could you buy house and NOT know what school district it is in??? That was a joke right?

Old 03-20-2011, 11:14 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,558,671 times
Quote:
There's more than 1 apartment complex in Flower Mound.
There are two. One down near Gerault, one up on Morris.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:44 AM

know someone who lived in the one off Gerault--
it is nice complex--mix of residents and has some townhomes or larger units in it-

Old 03-21-2011, 09:39 AM

18 posts, read 41,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
and how could you buy house and NOT know what school district it is in??? That was a joke right?
it's just semantics. I knew it went to Marcus high school, in the LISD, but I had no idea it was considered a "Flower Mound" school - especially since there is a school called "Flower Mound High School". My house isn't in Flower Mound, and it seemed like a "Flower Mound school" would most likely be either (i) located in the town of Flower Mound, or (ii) fed into Flower Mound High school.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks "Flower Mound" sounds a little sexual? Am I just a dirty old man?!? :-(

Old 03-21-2011, 10:28 AM

3,478 posts, read 6,558,671 times
Quote:
it's just semantics. I knew it went to Marcus high school, in the LISD, but I had no idea it was considered a "Flower Mound" school - especially since there is a school called "Flower Mound High School". My house isn't in Flower Mound, and it seemed like a "Flower Mound school" would most likely be either (i) located in the town of Flower Mound, or (ii) fed into Flower Mound High school.
It gets confused all the time. Marcus was the only "Flower Mound High School" until the actual Flower Mound High School was built around 2000. You aren't the only one.

Quote:
BTW, am I the only one who thinks "Flower Mound" sounds a little sexual? Am I just a dirty old man?!? :-(
Never thought of it like that, but yes, I do think it sounds stupid. I always have to explain that yes, there is an actual mound of flowers...er...weeds.

I always thought we should have been the Flower Mound Pansies instead of the Jaguars

Old 03-21-2011, 11:18 AM

I thought you meant you did not know it was a Lewisville ISD school--which I thought was really not taking care of business--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas