Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 12:03 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,556,121 times

Advertisements

I'd say both are over-saturated, but oddly I haven't seem much of either in Flower Mound. Not sure how big the market really is there, though.

I always thought it would be fun to open a place like that too...but the sad truth is you'll spend more time managing the business side than doing what you truly love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 12:22 AM

300 posts, read 1,257,919 times
I've been to a Nothing Bundt Cakes shoppe out here! The raspberry white chocolate is really good! The red velvet was really bad! haha!

Old 02-24-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post

Anyway....I thought cupcakes were on the way out and pies were coming in...
Oh, my goodness....pies are SO time consuming! I can see pocket pies coming in, those are much easier...but full pies are pretty tricky. And to get a good crust recipe...I think more pie shops would be "misses" than hits. IMO, anyway! haha! I don't really appreciate pie unless its boysenberry or cherry. I much prefer a cobbler or cupcake or brownie. =)

Old 02-24-2011, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post

As for the frozen yogurt places..... I like Orange Cup, Yogen Fruz and Yougartland. I have a Yogen Fruz and Yougartland right here by me in Firewheel Mall. YF is not busy at all and YL is pretty busy at peak times.

Both are going to be over saturated here real soon.
We have Yogurtlands out here, too and they WERE my favorite until we tried the yogurt from the place DH wants a franchise from. Somehow its SO much better than YL. Tastes different. Its more like Golden Spoon (maybe someone has been to one out here? they used to be THE yogurt place because everything was fat free but amazing tasting....now all the self serve places are cutting in on their "fat free yet tasty" advantage"). BUT, Golden Spoon does have AMAZING flavors that the Pinkberry/Red Mango type places didn't have...then Yogurtland and those like it got the dessert tasting flavors...and now everything tastes the same accept for this one place. I love me some frozen yogurt. This whole thread is really bad to be reading at night. I want to go get some now! haha!

Old 02-24-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mSooner View Post
I always thought it would be fun to open a place like that too...but the sad truth is you'll spend more time managing the business side than doing what you truly love.
Ohhhh, no. This would be DH's baby. I'm gonna' have my own baby to work on...relocating my business! haha!

Old 02-24-2011, 07:49 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,744,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
As others have said......... both stores are all over the place now. Some cupcake places are eh at best while others are the most wonderful creation you have ever put in your mouth. There is a bakery in Murphy right up the road from me, Annie's, and she has BEAUTIFUL cakes and she does cupcakes but not a whole store full of them. Her cakes and cupcakes are divine. If I could work all this technology I'd post a pic of my daughters 16th B-day cake she did.... WOW! And it was soooooooooo good. This is the only place I go for cupcakes. The cupcake places that are going to survive are going to have to be really good and/or also have something else to offer like cakes for special occassions.
And thank Bob she also has cake balls! Makes it possible for me to spread out the time between those oh so yummy cupcakes!

Old 02-24-2011, 11:36 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
And thank Bob she also has cake balls! Makes it possible for me to spread out the time between those oh so yummy cupcakes!

Yes, my oldest asked me last night if I knew how to make cake balls. Yes, I do. Just go to Annie's.
Annies Cullinary Creations

My daughters b-day cake from her was a 3 tier cake w/ chocolate chip, marble and red velvet. All 3 flavors were REALLY GOOD! I had a champagne cupcake from her the other day....... WOWZ! It was RICH! Good, really really good but super rich. Darn.... lunch might be fat free yougart and a cupcake now.....

Old 02-26-2011, 01:40 PM

161 posts, read 725,446 times
Default Cupcakes & Yogurt Shops

I don't think all DFW areas are saturated equally. While there are quite a few new yogurt shops that have opened in the Allen area, I only know of 1 cupcake bakery and wish there were more around.

I find the yogurt places pretty pricey and most seem to have similar offerings.

Also, our favorite "yogurt" type shop is called Rita's and we are anxiously awaiting the construction of one of these in Mckinney or Plano. Not as pricey as the yogurt places, more variety - known for Italian ices and custard.

Rita

I would drive miles to get a Mango and Vanilla custard gelati
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas