Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 06:18 PM

85 posts, read 218,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelscourt View Post
Have you timed it from this new house to downtown Dallas?
No, but my commute is to Preston Hollow, which is north of downtown. Should be 45 min to there, maybe a little longer to downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 12:24 PM

88 posts, read 287,446 times
As a resident of Coppell you won't have much noise from DFW. And you compare to Southlake ... Coppell is just minutes from the Carrollton DART rail which would save time and gas !

Old 01-13-2011, 02:08 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,833,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The air traffic in Southlake is really not that bad but if you want to draw a dividing line Hwy 114 is a pretty good place to start. Most of the air traffic coming in from the west comes in over lake Grapevine and turns south into the airport.

Most of the air traffic to the north, west & east is landing which is less noise. Most takeoffs are to the south 95% of the time.

I can vouch for this..I have visited SL several times, spent lots of quiet mornings out on the covered patio and never heard planes. You see them, but didn't hear any that caught my attention.

I think the airport knows better than to mess with Southlake anyway, if that Town ever pulled out their collective wallet they could buy and sell that airport off in no time. ; )

Old 01-13-2011, 03:20 PM

37,364 posts, read 60,138,325 times
you just did not sit on the right patio--there are parts of Southlake that are right under the in/out paths (depending on the winds) but most of it does not get really loud noise like that around Love

Old 01-17-2011, 02:24 PM

3 posts, read 4,258 times
Default South Timarron in Southlake is the answer

After reading this question, I can tell you the education in Southlake is first rate. I live in Timmaron on Creekway Bend, and there is no fly over airplane traffic is this area. I am right on the Colleyville border, near Whites Chapel Rd. Lot sizes are bigger and homes are not stacked up on each other. A good mix of retired and school aged families reside here, making it a great neighborhood. Further to 1709 (Southlake Blvd) will have you under the approach to DFW - where it merges with the airport right over the Wal-Mart.

Downtown is 40 min with minimal hangups. Lot of folks in town head that way everyday (or like me - the airport). A trip to the airport is 19 minutes to the parking structure from my driveway - or a $27 cab ride.

Dave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas