Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 09:03 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,553,264 times

Advertisements

Steve- you would probably enjoy Firewheel Mall area, everything is building up so fast around there. Welcome to Rowlett
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 09:05 AM

613 posts, read 1,057,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I do know singles in Rowlett. Most of them are divorced parents that stayed there to keep their kids in the same house/schools. Some have connected w/ other single parents in the area thru dating services. Other than that unless you have kids in activities in the area you are not going to be bumping into too many singles around town. If you want to go out and just hang out and have a drink and want to meet other people then head over to Garland in Firewheel (the bars in the restaurants around here are usually packed most nights) or The Harbor in Rockwall. It will be hanging out in the restaurant bars but there are other singles there that happen to live in "the burbs" and like it and don't want to live right by all the "action" of an urban area.

If you don't have plans for tonight and it is Monday Night Football I'd say head to Buffalo Wild Wings on 190 in Garland or Houlihans up at Firewheel Town Center. TGIFriday's is sometimes busy and sometimes dead. BWW and Houlihan's should be PACKED tonight for the football game.
Where is firewheel ? I just moved here and dont know really where anything is. Im 28 and I live in university park right now but I move in on the first.

Last edited by steve1282; 09-21-2010 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-21-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Steve- you would probably enjoy Firewheel Mall area, everything is building up so fast around there. Welcome to Rowlett
Where is that?

Old 09-21-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
Steve, I am from Boston too, looking to relo down there with my family..Let me know any tips you used to look for work etc..I visited recently, only the NW Dallas suburbs, and loved it down there. Rowlett seems nice! Good luck there!
I work for the Federal Police and got transferred. Sorry I dont have any tips but there is lots of jobs out here.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:13 AM

14,860 posts, read 43,015,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
Where is firewheel ? I just moved here and dont know really where anything is. Im 28 and I live in university park right know but I move in on the first.
The Firewheel area is aorund 190 and Hwy 78 in northeast Garland. Firewheel Town Center is the open air mall and dining choices there are:
Gloria's
Houlihan's
TGIFriday's
Genghis Grill
San Francisco Oven
Eddie's Napoli (LOOOVE this place and just opened, other area locations)
Pei Wei
Christina's
Chipotle
Pot Belly
Flying Fish
Fish City Grill
Avocado (sushi and really good)

In the vicinty of 190 & 78 there is:
Chili's
Firehouse Subs
Outback
On The Border
Texas Roadhouse
Spring Creek BBQ
Olive Garden
Red Robin
Cheddar's
IHOP
Buffalo Wild Wings
Charlie's Burgers
Matt's (coming soon to the old Two Rows location. Original in Lakewood)

A good portion of these have outdoor dining areas and if the weather is nice it is PACKED! There is also a sports bar close by called Legends that is on Belt Line just east of N. Garland Ave right by Brand. Don't know the clientele yet as it opened recently.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:20 AM

Steve roughly where did you purchase your home?

Old 09-21-2010, 09:24 AM

To Firewheel you would take Rowlett Rd which changes into Firewheel and you'll be taken right into Firewheel Center. I am sure excited about the growth in the area. Firewheel is an outside mall with a AMC threater. Lots of eatery area's and potential of so much more once the extention is completed. Rowlett does have Nick's Sport Bar & Grill.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
To Firewheel you would take Rowlett Rd which changes into Firewheel and you'll be taken right into Firewheel Center. I am sure excited about the growth in the area. Firewheel is an outside mall with a AMC threater. Lots of eatery area's and potential of so much more once the extention is completed. Rowlett does have Nick's Sport Bar & Grill.
Im by Fairfield Dr. if you know where that is. I dont know the name of the sub-division.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:37 AM

Yep, sure do, take Lakeview Pkwy (SH 66) towards Rowlett Rd turn right on Rowlett Rd and take until it ends into Firewheel.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:47 AM

I believe it Princeton Park Sub Dubdivison
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas