Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 03:10 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,153,267 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move to Texas and I really need schools that are the best in the area. Also, if anyone knows of a house for rent in those areas or an apartment for a family of four. We have to be there before school starts on August 23. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 05:49 PM

473 posts, read 1,201,056 times
All schools in FM are Exemplary. You might contact an agency or drive around and look for "For Lease" signs. FM doesn't have much apartments. I think the following may be the only one. I heard its good and if its the only one the rent might be more. You can call them and ask the schools they serve.

Archstone Lexington in Flower Mound | Archstone Apartments

Old 08-05-2010, 05:52 PM

8 posts, read 25,956 times
What age are your children? And what is your budget for monthly payment on housing? As adixyz said, every school in Flower Mound is good. Same goes for Highland Village as well.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:15 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,153,267 times
We can pay up to about $1300.00 a month right now. Unfortunately our sixteen year old just got his license and our insurance went up $200.00 per month. We will be a little tight until I can get a part-time job. Living on only my husbands income at the present time. Any help would be appreciated... My children are 16 and 12. Both boys.

Thanks....
Raelyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewrios View Post
What age are your children? And what is your budget for monthly payment on housing? As adixyz said, every school in Flower Mound is good. Same goes for Highland Village as well.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:59 PM

85 posts, read 199,988 times
you probably want to live in the Flower Mound HS zoned areas but pretty much all of Flower Mound has great schools. I think FMHS is newer compared to Marcus HS, so likely bigger, newer & better

as for middle schools, i think schools in the western side (zoned in the FMHS) are very good.

you can also go to www.lisd.net and read up on all the schools/demographics/test scores/etc

Old 08-06-2010, 03:15 PM

40,962 posts, read 49,272,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNC View Post
you probably want to live in the Flower Mound HS zoned areas but pretty much all of Flower Mound has great schools. I think FMHS is newer compared to Marcus HS, so likely bigger, newer & better

as for middle schools, i think schools in the western side (zoned in the FMHS) are very good.

you can also go to www.lisd.net and read up on all the schools/demographics/test scores/etc
This is your best answer and the FMHS will be farther south & closer to most work. Problem is you may just have to find the right rental for your money and it may be in the north end of FM. The southern section of FM has some fairly expensive homes.

You might contact a RE agent in FM to help you find the rental and can guide you with the schools.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:27 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,566,673 times
As other people said, all of the schools are great. I prefer FMHS to Marcus, but I am biased as a grad--Marcus isn't a bad school either. There are pretty much NO apartments besides the ones already mentioned. There are always a few to rent in Wellington and the surrounding neighborhoods, but I'm not sure on price--many places in the "newer" part of town are going to be above your budget.

FYI, be aware that LISD has a different kind of schedule than most schools, so if you plan to move out of the district during the school year, your kids are going to have a really hard time and may lose credits. It's basically a college block style schedule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas