Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 05:13 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,389,111 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone.

It's Monday again and I hope y'all have a great start into a new and fantastic week.

Jeannie, I hope you're getting along well with the packing.

Judi, any news on your sale?

Nothing special has happened this weekend. My weekend after-lunch-naps made me be wide awake till late in the night so I'm a tad tiered today

Anyways, the summer shall return, or so the weather forecast told us in their eternal wisdom Let's wait and see if this week will be sunny and hot.

a cookie
2 white wheat buns with cream cheese (one for breakfast, one for lunch)
small vanilla ice cream
piece of plum tarte
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 05:15 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,622,635 times
Default Monday's "good morning!" food journal

Yet another beautiful sunny day here in NJ... ...How were everyone's weekends? Only a few more and then back to school. Our moving pod is coming today so we'll have today and tomorrow to load everything up. Our local shelter is also coming today to pick up, well, just about everything. Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk this morning... ...have a wonderful Monday! Jeannie

Old 08-18-2008, 05:17 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,389,111 times
Jeannie, it seems we started the thread at the same time. Is there a possibility to connect them?

Old 08-18-2008, 05:28 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Good morning Jeannie,Diana, Izzy,NCN, Autumn and Steve.

Jeannie do you have a place in NC yet? Three yrs. ago today we left NJ.

Well that offer came thru from the people out of state and we're rejecting it this morning. It's a contingency and $20K lower than our asking price.

Last nite had a small piece of ham steak, salad, fruit.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Jeannie, it seems we started the thread at the same time. Is there a possibility to connect them?
We're connected Diana.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Good morning Jeannie,Diana, Izzy,NCN, Autumn and Steve.

Jeannie do you have a place in NC yet? Three yrs. ago today we left NJ.

Well that offer came thru from the people out of state and we're rejecting it this morning. It's a contingency and $20K lower than our asking price.

Last nite had a small piece of ham steak, salad, fruit.
Lacey, the right offer will come, you'll see. No, unfortunately we don't have a place yet. Because of my younger children, I picked the school systems first and now we need to wait for a place to open up in that particuliar area. We have a couple of possibilities, we'll see.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:48 AM

When and if we're going to rent. Thinking Smithfield area.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:30 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,951,765 times
Good morning, Jeannie, Judi, NCN, Izzy, Diana, and Autumn.

I apologize. On Monday mornings, I catch up on the weekend. I don't know why I don't do C-D on the weekends, probably a combination of the events with the kids and family, my playing on the computer, and the things I cook! Made the kids the "breakfast pizza" yesterday. I haven't made it in a while, so I splurged. Basically, I chop bacon and cook it up. Then put it into eggs I've mixed up in a bowl (eggs still raw at this point). Then I cook the rest of the bacon as strips to eat with the "pizza". Then I take Ore Ida Hash Browns O'Brien (shredded potatoes with onions and red and green peppers) and cook them 1/2 way, then spread them into a layer in a large round pan. Then I top with the eggs and bacon mixture and cover. I cook it over medium until the eggs are cooked all the way. Then I remove from heat, top with shredded cheese and cover until the cheese melts. I then cut it into pizza-shaped wedges. So, each slice is cheese, over eggs and bacon, over potatoes with onions and peppers. The wife and kids love it.

Last night I made chicken enchilada casserole (chopped chicken with sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, can of rotel, and crushed tortilla chips). Baked in the oven. Again, a family favorite.

Jeannie, I hope all went well with the sales! Back to packing, I guess, huh?

NCN, I love vanilla yogurt. For deserts sometimes, I drain a couple cans of fruit cocktail, add whatever other fruits I like (strawberries, etc.), then mix it all in with vanilla yogurt! It's actually healthy (in my mind.. that's my story and I'm sticking to it!), and better for the kids than ice cream or other deserts.

Judi... no word yet?!?! My feelings were wrong?

Diana, don't worry. Not eating when you're not hungry is a good thing. We've (people) have made a habit out of eating when we're "supposed" to instead of when we're actually hungry. When you're hungry, you'll know.

Izzy, I'm jealous of you and your "Chinese" day. Having lived in Asia (Japan and Phillipines) or under an Asian influence (Hawaii) for 10 1/2 years, I really developed a taste for the foods and culture. Unfortunately, my wife can't stand anything Asian (I think it's because my ex-wife is Asian). So, getting Chinese, Japanese, Korean, or other cuisine is not easy at my house. At least she'll let me make some things the kids and I like (and she'll even admit to liking some of it). I hope over time to introduce her to more, while respecting the distance she wants from it.

Autumn... Moderators busy? Are you kidding me? (HAHA!.. of course I'm joking). Just don't forget us here! Hope all is well.

Have a great day all.

(Ya know.. I've really got to stop writing so much in my posts!!!)

Old 08-18-2008, 07:33 AM

No Steve not wrong, we're going at 9AM to reject offer.

OMG you're killing me with the breakfast pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2008, 09:20 AM

72,419 posts, read 18,205,480 times
Good morning ! I am a little tired of walking so much yesterday,glad my mom can walk a lot too! We went to the Discovery Science Museum and saw a lot of stuff,I have pic of Bob the Builder and I will post it in my thread later.
Diana! thanks for starting it,Jeannie must be tired,So happy that you are doing the packing!
Good morning Judi and NCN,I hope you are not itchy anymore,what a bummer!
Did you change the price Judi? what did you change it to?
Steve,I live in the San Gabriel Valley,for a person who would wake up driving would think that they are in Asia. It's really nice here,I was a little Americanized before since I traveled so much,my Chinese was not that great,but after living here my Chinese has improved and speak it well. People that haven't seen me for a while are amazed at my improvement,and say that I can say dirty words in Chinese too
Anyway, I can understand why your wife is like that,just take it easy with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals