Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 10:32 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
There will always be parents, male and female, that don't care for children and shouldn't have children in the first place.

There are mothers who don't care and abuse their children, yet we are supportive.... We either rally to support them and or services exist to assist. Heck, maternity leave was only available to men recently.

Crappy fathers will always exist. It is still no excuse for not supporting the family as a whole.. Mother and Father. Just like we raise men to suck it up and not ask for help we also expect them to enter father alone without support. That's the problem.
I don't know how many rally around mothers who don't care.

I do know people and services rally when a mom deeply cares and can't manage to provide for her children all alone, or has chosen supervision options for her children that are inadequate so she can go to work to pay for food and shelter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 10:34 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
I've never thought about that. My god, maybe this happens so frequently where the sociopath murdering husband knows it will force her to think of him each hour of every day when she longs for her child.

We need greater penalties for all crimes. A slap on the wrist is ineffective and only results in more of the same.
What penalty can you inflict on a dead man?

Old 07-25-2019, 10:35 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know how many rally around mothers who don't care.

I do know people and services rally when a mom deeply cares and can't manage to provide for her children all alone, or has chosen supervision options for her children that are inadequate so she can go to work to pay for food and shelter.
How do ya KNOW all this good stuff, Clara? Wish I could KNOW all the stuff you do!

Old 07-25-2019, 10:47 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't understand the psychology of why these guys often kill their kids before killing themselves. Leave the kids out of it.
Pure selfishness. It was probably the best way to inflict pain on the girls mother.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:54 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Baltimore guy, women don't do this. They do sometimes kill their children, but I've never ever seen a mother kill her child to make the father suffer.

They sometimes beat a child to death in a rage, or get rid of children who are inconvenient and try to make it appear like a stranger did it, or they hear voices telling them to kill their children.

Can you find an example where a woman was seeking revenge on her husband, so she killed her child to make him suffer?
A grandmother sought revenge on the child's father to make him suffer:

https://www.thoughtco.com/caroline-y...revenge-971315

I'll keep looking for a mother that's done the same. I'm pretty confident I'll find one, because your bias on this matter is apparent.

ETA: That only took a minute or two:

https://www.oxygen.com/blogs/mom-sen...eating-husband

Contrary to your assertion, women DO do this.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:24 AM

2,066 posts, read 900,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
No, it was not.

I would not cite a name of Chris as a risk factor (a quick Google search reveals a variety of other names) however there are factors common to this kind of case.

Reminds me of how so many of the mass murderer shooters have the middle name, "Lee".

Old 07-25-2019, 11:25 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Reminds me of how so many of the mass murderer shooters have the middle name, "Lee".
Southern thang??

Old 07-25-2019, 01:30 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Contrary to your assertion, women DO do this.
Of course they do. I don't know why anyone would think this type of crime is committed only by men. A quick Google search sadly brings up many results to back this up.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:41 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
There will always be parents, male and female, that don't care for children and shouldn't have children in the first place.

Crappy fathers will always exist. It is still no excuse for not supporting the family as a whole.. Mother and Father. Just like we raise men to suck it up and not ask for help we also expect them to enter father alone without support. That's the problem.
Men (or anyone) raised to suck it up and not ask for help or repress their emotions had crappy parents.

It is not a societal expectation.
It is the expectation of aholes.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:29 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Men (or anyone) raised to suck it up and not ask for help or repress their emotions had crappy parents.

It is not a societal expectation.
It is the expectation of aholes.
Sure... but again... it isn't an excuse to not lend support to both the mother and father.

There are plenty of women who are repressed by crappy parents but we still generally give support to a new mother...

The fact that I have to repeat this for a second time is an indication of what I mean.... Is there something wrong about suggesting that we as a society should lend support to not only a new mother but also the father? What's so wrong about that suggestion? No one bothered to maybe consider that some of the problem is connected in part this... or is it just convenient to assume that a large portion of the fathers in this country are aholes and society has nothing to do with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events