Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2020, 07:26 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
I'm from Indiana and it was all over our local news. They showed the boat and how there was a wall filled with windows, but in that specific spot where they were standing the window was missing. RC admitted they were working on replacing it and didn't. Not only that, they didn't have that area closed off because of it.

So yes, he dropped the child, but there was a reason and it was because RC was negligent, PERIOD! I highly doubt he meant to drop his own grand daughter and has to live with that the rest of his life!
LOL!!! How creative! Will you be writing a book?

Old 03-12-2020, 07:44 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
I'm from Indiana and it was all over our local news. They showed the boat and how there was a wall filled with windows, but in that specific spot where they were standing the window was missing. RC admitted they were working on replacing it and didn't. Not only that, they didn't have that area closed off because of it.

So yes, he dropped the child, but there was a reason and it was because RC was negligent, PERIOD! I highly doubt he meant to drop his own grand daughter and has to live with that the rest of his life!
Wow, I had never heard before that there was a missing window.

I don't think he meant to drop her, either. I think it was a horrible accident.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:47 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:

That's interesting. That would certainly factor into the civil suit - if they knew the window was missing, not open, and hadn't gotten around to fixing it OR warning passengers the window was missing.

That would certainly come out in civil court, if it's true.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:59 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
If it had appeared on the local news I think we would have seen it repeated on national news. A news detail like that wouldn't likely be forgotten or somehow have disappeared from media reports. Link to support?

Old 03-12-2020, 08:01 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:

That's the first time I have heard any such thing. We've discussed this situation from here on C-D beginning to end for many months, and many articles and videos have been shared, but not once here or in any of those articles has the idea that the window glass was missing (not just open) been proposed. Do you have a link?

Old 03-12-2020, 08:02 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
If it had appeared on the local news I think we would have seen it repeated on national news. A news detail like that wouldn't likely be forgotten or somehow have disappeared from media reports. Link to support?
Maybe it's "local news" the way the statement that the window was in a children's play area was "local news"?

Old 03-12-2020, 09:00 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
RC admitted they were working on replacing it and didn't. Not only that, they didn't have that area closed off because of it.

So yes, he dropped the child, but there was a reason and it was because RC was negligent, PERIOD!
Jolly interesting. First, do you have a link? It's not matching with anything in the public record so far.

Second - that is not negligence. A reasonable person when facing a row of windows is expected to tell an open window from a closed one, and to investigate if a given window is open or closed before taking actions that are based on that knowledge.

And a maritime carrier's duty of care is based on a reasonable person.

Old 03-12-2020, 09:19 PM

Oh COME on guys. That was a B.S. post - probably hoping to make this thread go on a few more days!!

Old 03-12-2020, 09:56 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh COME on guys. That was a B.S. post - probably hoping to make this thread go on a few more days!!
If you're not interested in discussing it further, that's ok.

Some of us are still interested in the conversation. Really, it continues to baffle me that some posters keep trying to shut down the conversation because the people who are still engaged don't share their opinion.

Chessie - if you aren't interested in further conversation, maybe find another thread that you're interested in, and let others who want to continue to discuss, do so?

Old 03-12-2020, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
If you're not interested in discussing it further, that's ok.

Some of us are still interested in the conversation. Really, it continues to baffle me that some posters keep trying to shut down the conversation because the people who are still engaged don't share their opinion.

Chessie - if you aren't interested in further conversation, maybe find another thread that you're interested in, and let others who want to continue to discuss, do so?

Oh stop. I am not shutting down any discussion.

But anyone that took that poster seriously is, well, a few fries short of a happy meal. You don't think that this would have made national news and been in the headlines over and over??? Seriously?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events