Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2020, 05:34 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Good point, but I'm not sure an 18 month old could even jump forward from the railing to window sill, if someone had told her to. According to this article a two year old should be able to jump forward about 4 inches. At about 30 to 36 months they should develop the skill to jump forward 2 feet. Which would mean that she would have had to be about twice as old to even be able to successfully make that jump to the window sill. I believe it would have been impossible for her to get to the window sill by her own doing.

https://www.fairview.org/fv/groups/i...9262104505.pdf

JUMPING and lunging forward are two very different things. Even a six month old baby can lunge forward enough that you'd drop them if you didn't have a firm grip on them. I'm guessing you don't have kids.

Old 03-03-2020, 05:35 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
JUMPING and lunging forward are two very different things.
I give up. Believe whatever you want.

Old 03-03-2020, 05:41 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
No one is saying they know exactly what happened. I am only saying that if an 18-month old was standing on the railing 18 inches away and suddenly lunged forward with hands up, her momentum could carry her out the window headfirst. No actual "jumping" would be necessary. You're not disagreeing that if she simply fell forward like a stick of wood, about 11-12 inches of her body would be outside the window, right? Not only that, but her body would be slanted downward, as the window sill was quite a bit lower than the railing. Now add a fast forward motion and it's plain that she could slide completely out.

Again, I am not saying that IS what happened. I think it's unlikely. I just believe it COULD have happened.

Old 03-03-2020, 05:44 PM

Quote:
The link you provided was referring to gross motor skills of a two to three year old. It doesn't apply here at all. The jumping it referred to is jumping forward, on their feet, 4 inches. Or jumping in the air 2 inches. Or jumping down from 18 inches.

It has nothing to do with lunging FORWARD from someone's arms. That's why I guessed you don't have kids. You didn't understand that the link refers to something entirely different than what you are trying to prove.

All anyone is trying to tell you is that a child lunging forward is going to create a forward propulsion rather than her just dropping like a rock to the floor.

Old 03-03-2020, 06:39 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,429 times
Well, this thread sure has jumped the shark.

Old 03-04-2020, 07:36 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
No need to try to insult me.

I understand falls very well. I work in healthcare and have seen it many times. First law of motion: Objects in motion remain in motion unless acted on by an external force. An objects that is propelled forward would tend to continue in that forward motion until something stops it. Nothing was there to stop her.

If someone starts to fall forward, they will continue to fall FORWARD and in this case it would be through the window. If she is 18 inches away from the window, she is still going to fall forward. Picture in link below - the railing is not very far from the window. Eighteen inches and she is 29 inches tall? Babies are top heavy. It also appears that that particular bank of windows lean outward.

https://headtopics.com/uk/royal-cari...m-this-6839149

This article also states Chloe was ON the railing. https://people.com/crime/chloe-wiega...end-nightmare/
If she was on the railing she was too far from the window to have fallen out of it. That eighteen inches you are trying to ignore is a foot and a half. She would have been caught on the window itself even if she'd been projecting forward. Unless you are claiming that her grandfather threw her forward. Because then the forward motion might have carried her over the window. But otherwise, she would have been caught on the window, and the bulk of her body would have carried her down to the floor. Not outside the ship. Moreover, the video clearly shows she wasn't on the railing.

Old 03-04-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If she was on the railing she was too far from the window to have fallen out of it. That eighteen inches you are trying to ignore is a foot and a half. She would have been caught on the window itself even if she'd been projecting forward. Unless you are claiming that her grandfather threw her forward. Because then the forward motion might have carried her over the window. But otherwise, she would have been caught on the window, and the bulk of her body would have carried her down to the floor. Not outside the ship. Moreover, the video clearly shows she wasn't on the railing.
I don't think the video is clear enough to show anything for sure. I disagree with everything you said.

Old 03-04-2020, 07:58 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
Well, this thread sure has jumped the shark.
No, people are in denial that people are either A) Really that stupid or B) Knowingly killed their grand daughter. It's called being an Ostrich...

Old 03-04-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
No, people are in denial that people are either A) Really that stupid or B) Knowingly killed their grand daughter. It's called being an Ostrich...
No, it's called having a different perspective. I don't see that he held her out the window at arm's length. If she was on the railing or being held in front of the railing and leaning forward, she could have definitely fallen through the window. I don't see why that is so hard to understand.

I'm not ready to accuse him of holding her outside of the window. I'd like to see a video that clearly shows that because the one I saw didn't.

Old 03-04-2020, 08:05 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
I don't think the video is clear enough to show anything for sure. I disagree with everything you said.
The video is clear enough to show that the grandfather is leaning on the railing holding Chloe outside.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/172879/...ht-was-closed/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events