Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2020, 06:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,623 posts, read 17,953,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
1. That is not what the video shows. The video shows him leaning over the railing and holding her out the window. Then he dropped her. 2. 18 inches is that much space. At that age her height would be about 29 inches. So even if she had been leaning completely horizontally towards the window and she was dropped, she would have probably smacked her face into the window sill, but the bulk of her body mass would have still been inside the ship, and she would have fallen to the floor. It is physically impossible for a child 18 inches inside a window to fall out of the window. It would defy the law of gravity.
Wait, what? Has video surfaced from the outside of the ship showing she was dangled outside the plane of the window?

Old 03-02-2020, 07:51 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Wait, what? Has video surfaced from the outside of the ship showing she was dangled outside the plane of the window?
It's the same videos that you have already seen, but continue to deny the evidence. Getting back to my second point, it is physically impossible for a child 18 inches inside a window to fall out of the window. Gravity simply doesn't work that way.

Old 03-02-2020, 08:29 PM

7,096 posts, read 4,526,537 times
The videos on this thread are evidence enough for those that aren’t blind or in denial.

Old 03-02-2020, 08:58 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
It's the same videos that you have already seen, but continue to deny the evidence. Getting back to my second point, it is physically impossible for a child 18 inches inside a window to fall out of the window. Gravity simply doesn't work that way.
Gravity most definitely works that way. 18 inches is not very much space. If she leaned forward she would tumble out of the window. Babies are top heavy.

No video I have seen has shown him suspending her 18 inches away from his body. Have you tried to hold a child at arm’s length? Not easy to do.

Old 03-02-2020, 09:10 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
GHave you tried to hold a child at arm’s length? Not easy to do.
Well, he did drop her....

Old 03-02-2020, 09:40 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
He is clearly leaning over the rail in the video holding the kid, so there is no way he is just sitting the kid on the rail. And form his own statement, he thought the window was closed and he held her out to bang on the glass. Well, she would not have been able to reach it if sitting on the rail. Moot point anyway as the video shows it was impossible for her to be sitting on it as he was leaning over it holding his arms in a semi-extended position hold her. That places her on the window edge or outside the window.

Old 03-02-2020, 09:47 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Gravity most definitely works that way. 18 inches is not very much space. If she leaned forward she would tumble out of the window. Babies are top heavy.

No video I have seen has shown him suspending her 18 inches away from his body. Have you tried to hold a child at arm’s length? Not easy to do.
Again, she is only about 29 inches tall. If she fell from a railing 18 inches from the window, the worst that could happen is that she would have smacked her face on the window sill, but the mass of her body would be inside the window and would fall inside the window. A body can not "fall" 2 feet sideways and then down. That's not the way gravity works.

Old 03-02-2020, 10:25 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
Again, she is only about 29 inches tall. If she fell from a railing 18 inches from the window, the worst that could happen is that she would have smacked her face on the window sill, but the mass of her body would be inside the window and would fall inside the window. A body can not "fall" 2 feet sideways and then down. That's not the way gravity works.
She’s 29 inches and the window is 18 inches away. If she falls forward she most definitely could fall through the window. That is exactly the way gravity works. If not leaning forward, then yes. She would fall straight down. If leaning forward her body would pitch forward and out the window.

Old 03-03-2020, 07:24 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
He may not have held her out 18 inches. If he had her at the railing and she leaned forward to bang on the window that he/she thought was there, she could have tumbled forward and out the window. We just don't know. I couldn't tell anything from the video that was released. Maybe there is another video that shows what happened more clearly.

I did see one picture where it said that window was open and just looking at it, the window didn't look open to me. But it was a nighttime picture, not daytime, and I'm sure that makes a huge difference.
If he had her at the railing, and she had fallen, she would have fallen inside. Eighteen inches. And my thoughts on this take a dark turn, because I think she certainly realized there was no window there. The windows were tinted, by the way. I fear that that little girl may have tried to twist back round as he was holding her out, because she wanted back in, because she was scared, and her twisting is what made him lose his grip. He had to hold her far enough out that she fell outside the ship. And with the safety railing being eighteen inches from the window, that was a far reach.

Old 03-03-2020, 07:26 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Eighteen inches isn't that much space. She could have easily leaned forward and fallen out of a window. If she leaned forward she wouldn't be falling straight to the ground. If she leaned back, yes.
If she leaned forward, she would be falling through the gap between the railing and the window. Eighteen inches is a lot of space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events