Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 12:57 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I consider the daily herald a pretty reputable source.? You want better? Heres USA TODAY

Lawmakers fear Islamic 'indoctrination' in schools
Quote:
FOX NEWS, INTERVIEWED A PARENT OF CHILD IN THE SCHOOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtYS8JkDn4o
More opinions and reactions. Reading the actual story, yes it is similar to the previous thread where 7th grade Social Studies/History class studies VARIOUS world religions and their impact on history. Yawn.

Old 11-07-2015, 12:57 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Is this the same issue as that other thread? I thought that was someplace in California not in Tennessee? My guess is that it is the same type of issue though. The OP would have everyone believing that public schools are forcing all American students to face East 5 times every day for prayer.
So we should wait until public schools force students to face East 5 times every day for prayer? If there is one thing we have learned from the left is that how they permeate the society with their views. It always starts below the radar. Something very small and innocent. If it takes 50 years to bring it to fruition then so be it. How long did it take to get gay weddings? How long for universal healthcare? How long to put 50 million on food stamp? It is like being a passenger in somebody’s car. As soon as he makes couple of left and right turns you know where he is headed. You don’t have to wait to find out where the destination is because you know who the driver is.

Old 11-07-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
So we should wait until public schools force students to face East 5 times every day for prayer? If there is one thing we have learned from the left is that how they permeate the society with their views. It always starts below the radar. Something very small and innocent. If it takes 50 years to bring it to fruition then so be it. How long did it take to get gay weddings? How long for universal healthcare? How long to put 50 million on food stamp? It is like being a passenger in somebody’s car. As soon as he makes couple of left and right turns you know where he is headed. You don’t have to wait to find out where the destination is because you know who the driver is.
Yes, by all means, keep our American children safe from the knowledge that not everyone is like them. Or at least make sure they understand that anyone different isn't worthy. That always goes well

Old 11-07-2015, 01:04 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,761 times
Quote:
Exactly, people like to ignore the facts that stuff like this can poison a young mind that is still being developed .. all it takes is this to snowball into a larger effect. I am glad Tennessee americans are waking up and noticing it now. So they can ban this from PUBLIC schools.

Old 11-07-2015, 01:07 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,761 times
Quote:
Yes, by all means, keep our American children safe from the knowledge that not everyone is like them. Or at least make sure they understand that anyone different isn't worthy. That always goes well
Really? Its not about people being DIFFERENT and unworthiness , its about maintaining western values .

Old 11-07-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Really? Its not about people being DIFFERENT and unworthiness , its about maintaining western values .
If you are just going to continue to post a bunch of inflammatory threads like this, with no actual facts to back them up, I'd think the POS forum is better suited to your pot-stirring.

Count me out.

Old 11-07-2015, 01:45 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
It always starts out small and defendable, doesn't it?
I'm not going to bite this hook. I'm too old and tired. If people don't know by now how the enemy infiltrates and eventually takes over, they deserve to lose their country. I'll be long gone by then, having fought the good fight to prevent what's sure to happen to America anyway.

Old 11-07-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Exactly, people like to ignore the facts that stuff like this can poison a young mind that is still being developed .. all it takes is this to snowball into a larger effect. I am glad Tennessee americans are waking up and noticing it now. So they can ban this from PUBLIC schools.
Very cute.

Old 11-07-2015, 02:03 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Quote:
What’s next? Writing Heil Hitler while studying German history? So what’s happening in Tennessee of all places? Detroit may be but Tennessee? BTW, the history of Islam that they are teaching has nothing to do with what really happened.

Yeah they will be having kids goose stepping and flinging out straight armed salutes clicking heels. Ja vol mien Kommandant.

I don't have a problem teaching world history and having projects pertaining to it. But it's a little much making kids write this stuff. We were never made to do stuff like that. I mean if it is written as a overview or a test answer it's me thing. But if it's a indoctrination type of teachings no.

Old 11-07-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
If you are just going to continue to post a bunch of inflammatory threads like this, with no actual facts to back them up, I'd think the POS forum is better suited to your pot-stirring.

Count me out.
What fact do you want? How about this?

Local Muslim families push for halal food on school lunch menus - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego

The so called “halal” meat cost up to 25% more, if it is not a scam altogether. In the history of this country when did any school district had to offer food to meet any religious test? As you are quick to point out, we are talking PUBLIC schools. Schools are not restaurants to take special orders. You like your kid to eat halal, pack it yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events