Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 12:19 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Umm, his car WAS stolen, the bad guys DID get away. So, what positive happened? Can't be that the man now has a hole in his head.
Well, the bad guys will think twice before trying this again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 12:24 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,340 times
Yeah just shoot fellas in the head and blow their brains out.

Thank god car ain't stolen

I'm no anti gun but this is crazy.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:25 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The poster was being sarcastic I think. He'll sue to guy who shot him, of course.
You forgot the gun manufacturers, the gas station owners , the car jackets, etc.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:27 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Also, firing a weapon while at a gas station? This guy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Glad no rounds hit the gas pumps or any other random people walking around.
Don't forget that the good guy put himself on the line by opening fire.

If the police or someone else with a CCW had happened on the scene, they might have taken him for a bad guy and neutralized him on the spot.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:38 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
I can hardly believe I'm reading this. A good guy with a gun shot this fellow in the head and that's a better outcome than having his car stolen?
I had the same reaction at yours. Like the old, "Well aside from that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

Old 09-28-2015, 01:28 PM

773 posts, read 786,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Well, the bad guys will think twice before trying this again.
Yeah, the bad guys now know to yell out, "That guy is stealing my truck!" Then the posse will pull out their guns and shoot the owner of the truck and give the keys to the bad guys, while patting themselves on the back.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:29 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
The shooter was trying to help but unfortunately he didn't. The innocent person could have died. Next time, leave the shooting to the authorities.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:44 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,271,398 times
This shooter was clearly an idiot, and this single incident probably did not help the pro-gun cause.

But, just because one moron shoots haphazardly doesn't mean that all armed citizens are suddenly incompetent.

Obama continues to preach about being tolerant of Muslims, because the the radicals are only a small portion of the entire population of the religion. Yet, when a rare incident like a mass-shooting occurs, the anti-gun-nuts suddenly decree all gun owners as criminals. (And yes, mass-shootings get media attention, but are actually very rare, even Bloomberg admits: Mass Shootings Fuel Fear, Account for Fraction of Murders - Bloomberg Business). Or when one idiot shoots the victim instead of the perpetrator, suddenly anti-gun-nuts try to portray all gun owners as trigger-happy vigilantes.

So why aren't gun owners afforded the same benefit of the doubt as Muslims?

Old 09-28-2015, 01:48 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
This shooter was clearly an idiot, and this single incident probably did not help the pro-gun cause.

But, just because one moron shoots haphazardly doesn't mean that all armed citizens are suddenly incompetent.

Obama continues to preach about being tolerant of Muslims, because the the radicals are only a small portion of the entire population of the religion. Yet, when a rare incident like a mass-shooting occurs, the anti-gun-nuts suddenly decree all gun owners as criminals. (And yes, mass-shootings get media attention, but are actually very rare, even Bloomberg admits: Mass Shootings Fuel Fear, Account for Fraction of Murders - Bloomberg Business). Or when one idiot shoots the victim instead of the perpetrator, suddenly all gun owners are trigger-happy vigilantes.

So why aren't gun owners afforded the same benefit of the doubt as Muslims?
Well that didn't take long. I knew someone would bring Muslims and Obama into this. Sheesh. Neither have anything at all to do with this topic. Also, nobody is screaming for guns to be removed. The general consensus here is that this guy is a moron and nothing more.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:06 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,805 times
The details are really limited. Was the victim being assaulted?

I always have a gun on myself but now it kind of makes me think twice

Instead of trying to defend 300 people in the movie theater, now I have to get up and say "I know you're here to shoot this place up but I have a gun. I'm going to slowly back out of here alone and then you can carry on sir."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events