Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 04:55 AM

45,847 posts, read 61,275,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
I can't imagine feeling the need to make hateful comments about someone else's weight...in public, much less...

...but going to the car to get a crowbar?

It just seems like ignorance on both sides to me.
I can't either, and people usually describe me as an ******* (many don't like that I tell them the truth rather than what they want to hear, this is in the political sphere).

This goes to a thread asking what you'd do if your kid fat shamed someone in public. I didn't participate in that one but kids will say mean things to each other. But, if any of mine had done so in public with me, I might've knocked them into the middle of next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 05:00 AM

51,519 posts, read 37,195,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I can't either, and people usually describe me as an ******* (many don't like that I tell them the truth rather than what they want to hear, this is in the political sphere).

This goes to a thread asking what you'd do if your kid fat shamed someone in public. I didn't participate in that one but kids will say mean things to each other. But, if any of mine had done so in public with me, I might've knocked them into the middle of next week.
My grandmother used to do this, but she didn't realize she was doing it. She was very hard of hearing, and I'd take her to the diner and she'd say "Look at that woman over there eating that cake, she doesn't need that cake!"...she thought she was whispering but she said it loudly. I'd say "Nanny, shhhh" and she'd shout "She can't hear me!!"

Old 06-15-2015, 05:25 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,981,555 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
The man, who apparently did not know either of them, told the woman that “she should not eat pizza because she was already overweight,” Salinas PD spokesperson Commander Sheldon Bryant says.
What a stupid moron..... HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-15-2015, 06:31 AM

19,963 posts, read 12,252,700 times
Who carries a crowbar in their car!?!

Old 06-15-2015, 06:32 AM

45,847 posts, read 61,275,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Who carries a crowbar in their car!?!

Coulda been a tire iron. You know a lot of people are sorta stupid.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:37 AM

733 posts, read 860,429 times
He was wrong to "shame" her (but remember that Eleanor Roosevelt remark! "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"!), but the punching and crowbar were cRaZy.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:46 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,862,856 times
Both of them are lunatics. I wonder how many assault charges that woman already has.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:07 AM

8,440 posts, read 4,437,168 times
Unfortunately being overweight is as big a health issue, maybe bigger, than smoking ever was. If two people came into a restaurant smoking and some one told them they shouldn't be smoking, well .. you get the point.

Obese people are costing billions in excess health care. Billions that you and I pay for in taxes and insurance rates.

Airlines get uptight about a few extra ponds in checked baggage and you have to pay extra. At the same time a 300 pound person and a 85 pound person can pay the same for a passenger seat.

Personally I think its time Americans woke up to their weight problem. The entire world sees us as a bunch of fat slobs.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:12 AM

733 posts, read 860,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Unfortunately being overweight is as big a health issue, maybe bigger, than smoking ever was. If two people came into a restaurant smoking and some one told them they shouldn't be smoking, well .. you get the point.

Obese people are costing billions in excess health care. Billions that you and I pay for in taxes and insurance rates.

Airlines get uptight about a few extra ponds in checked baggage and you have to pay extra. At the same time a 300 pound person and a 85 pound person can pay the same for a passenger seat.

Personally I think its time Americans woke up to their weight problem. The entire world sees us as a bunch of fat slobs.
And I see the America-haters are weak hangers-on filled with envy and bile.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:17 AM

41,458 posts, read 60,014,463 times
I ignore idiots like that unless they persist. Then I ask them to stop. So far they have all stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events