Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 12:03 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Um.. I can think of a whole host of reasons it shouldnt be available wholesale in our country
Do you really want to hear them?... because they wont square with your position
I do.

I'll wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbro2002 View Post
cannabis might be beneficial in treating a limited group of cancers but it is also carcinogenic and causes cancer. If cancer was the cure all wonder drug potheads claim it is why do pot smokers get cancer? Bob Marley a person who consumed generous amonut of marijuana got cancer.
That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

It causes cancer and cures cancer??

Smoking anything would likely increase your risk for cancer. Wouldn't how you consume the plant determine your risk for cancer??

Old 04-10-2015, 12:09 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbro2002 View Post
cannabis might be beneficial in treating a limited group of cancers but it is also carcinogenic and causes cancer. If cancer was the cure all wonder drug potheads claim it is why do pot smokers get cancer? Bob Marley a person who consumed generous amonut of marijuana got cancer.
There are other ways of ingesting cannabis that don't include burning it.

Here is a link to 20 medical studies regarding cancer and cannabis. It hits on 8 pretty major/common types of cancer.

Also, there is no direct evidence that cannabis causes cancer. There are studies that say there are correlation, and there are just as many studies saying it's not responsible for cancers. Bottom line, smoking anything is going to be bad for you, but there needs to be more studies done to conclude that it causes cancer. Feel free to read for yourself:

Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®) - National Cancer Institute

Old 04-10-2015, 12:09 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,755,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I am closing the books on MJ, see no reason why NJ should not be easily available to general public.
I thought it was so-called "marijuana oil" that fights cancer, and not the mere act of smoking marijuana.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:54 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
I thought it was so-called "marijuana oil" that fights cancer, and not the mere act of smoking marijuana.

What's Marjuana Oil?

There is a process where pressurized butane is run through MJ leafs and it extracts tlc in good concentration.

There is also "industrial hemp oil" farmers grow MJ for industrial use, those are different plants not designed for smoking. In countries where these plants are farmed for industry, they use tractors.

So imagine an mj filed, only the plant has low TLC, so it's not for smoking. a tractor harvesting, from time to time the drunk tractor driver grabs his crowbar and brakes away hash bricks from from his tractor. The hash brinks have the TLC. Those bricks are then picked up and sold off as illicit drugs. (this is south Eurasia) This hemp is used industrially, from animal feed to oils.

Another strange oil I have seen on that continent is cotton oil. Goat, rice pilaf made with cotton oil and its' traditionally eaten with hands(no forks or spoons), so it looks pretty disgusting.

But I want my state laws to allow me to start my own secret garden. Right now it's a felony to even grow a plant.

Old 04-10-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
What's Marjuana Oil?

There is a process where pressurized butane is run through MJ leafs and it extracts tlc in good concentration.

There is also "industrial hemp oil" farmers grow MJ for industrial use, those are different plants not designed for smoking. In countries where these plants are farmed for industry, they use tractors.

So imagine an mj filed, only the plant has low TLC, so it's not for smoking. a tractor harvesting, from time to time the drunk tractor driver grabs his crowbar and brakes away hash bricks from from his tractor. The hash brinks have the TLC. Those bricks are then picked up and sold off as illicit drugs. (this is south Eurasia) This hemp is used industrially, from animal feed to oils.

Another strange oil I have seen on that continent is cotton oil. Goat, rice pilaf made with cotton oil and its' traditionally eaten with hands(no forks or spoons), so it looks pretty disgusting.

But I want my state laws to allow me to start my own secret garden. Right now it's a felony to even grow a plant.

Have you ever made marijuana oil?

You can use butter too

Old 04-10-2015, 04:03 PM

463 posts, read 320,759 times
Here is irony (and corrupt politics) at its finest:

In April 2011, when the current governor of Oklahoma was first sworn in, one of her first acts as the new governor was to sign HB1798, which increased the maximum sentence for making cannabis oil to double-life in prison.

I believe there was under the table money involved in her election campaign, coming from the big pharmaceutical companies. They have billions at stake. It certainly would explain the timing.

Now that State Representative Jon Echols has a niece with epilepsy that needs cannabis oil, HB2154 has been introduced which would legalize cannabis oil for that specific medical condition. Even the governor supports it!

I have no words....

Old 04-10-2015, 04:13 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
It's also not surprising that police unions and big pharma are the ones bankrolling the continued prohibition of cannabis. THose who stand to loose the most are the ones putting up the fight.

Old 04-10-2015, 04:20 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
You would have to define use and abuse for us.
The same way you would define alcohol abuse or any other substance abuse.

Old 04-10-2015, 04:53 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
The same way you would define alcohol abuse or any other substance abuse.

I personally would define abuse by a presence of harm. Exersizing every day is not gym abuse, because it's good for you.

You used "You" which means ME. So to me alcohol abuse is not really how much you drink, it's what responsibilities you neglect and how you harm your health. If drinking a gallon a day was good for you I would advocate it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events