Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 10:02 AM

1,457 posts, read 6,029,837 times

Advertisements

Thought I'd add this ...

My Canon SX10 IS is surely not compact, nor a hip case camera. But the 20 x zoom is a treat. No interchangeable lens. But fairly wide angle, and nice zoom.

Here is a shot .... hand-held on uneven ground .... of the top of a 350 foot tall coast redwood, below.

Its nice to reach animals and scenery etc..

There are several brands with this kind of affordable zoom now.

Attached Thumbnails
Digital camera-ruthlor_misc_600copy.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 11:29 AM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,368,057 times
I would definitely get something with a 8x optical zoom or better. Most of the Panasonic models have 10x or higher these days.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:44 AM

89 posts, read 202,622 times
Since no specific requirements were mentioned, i actually have no idea what kind of digital camera you want. I bought this digital camera 16 Megapixel Zoom Lens Digital Camera Shockproof HD Cameras for Photography Black online last month and it works well by so far. It costs me just a little more than 50 dollars and seems to be more cheaper than the famous brand digital cameras, but in terms of its performance, as a amateur who do not have any high requirement for taking pictures, i am very pleased with its performance. 5MP CMOS Sensor, 16MP image resolution, 720P video resolution, 3 inch TFT screen all these seems enough for me.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:17 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,736,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Daisy View Post
Since no specific requirements were mentioned, i actually have no idea what kind of digital camera you want. I bought this digital camera 16 Megapixel Zoom Lens Digital Camera Shockproof HD Cameras for Photography Black online last month and it works well by so far. It costs me just a little more than 50 dollars and seems to be more cheaper than the famous brand digital cameras, but in terms of its performance, as a amateur who do not have any high requirement for taking pictures, i am very pleased with its performance. 5MP CMOS Sensor, 16MP image resolution, 720P video resolution, 3 inch TFT screen all these seems enough for me.
You do know you just responded to a thread from 2010?

Old 12-18-2013, 06:30 PM

89 posts, read 202,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You do know you just responded to a thread from 2010?
O, my god! i did not notice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics