Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 01:11 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
I feel your pain! With two dogs I am spending half my time outside now---by spring I am going to look like a wind-chapped, wizened old hag. Meantime, the puppy thinks it's all just a day like any other. "Let's play, let's play!"
When I saw that you posted here, I thought to myself, before even reading your comment, "Oh my gosh, the puppy! She has to be out a million times a day with that puppy!"

We just got back from vacation (Florida and then a cruise). When we left, it was in the 60s. We came back to the 30s, which is a big slap in the face any time, but especially after 86-degree weather.

I've just got two words, neither of which will make you feel any better: Layers. Moisturize.

I just want to cry. But the tears will freeze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 01:55 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
When I saw that you posted here, I thought to myself, before even reading your comment, "Oh my gosh, the puppy! She has to be out a million times a day with that puppy!"

We just got back from vacation (Florida and then a cruise). When we left, it was in the 60s. We came back to the 30s, which is a big slap in the face any time, but especially after 86-degree weather.

I've just got two words, neither of which will make you feel any better: Layers. Moisturize.

I just want to cry. But the tears will freeze.
Just got back from our usual afternoon mile walk. My dog and I love this weather. All I had was Jeans, T-Shirt and hooded Sweatshirt ontop of that and a baseball cap. No gloves/ No Jacket.

Dog did her thing and now we're enjoying the flames of wood and the toasty air inside thanks to the wood stove. . Furnace hasnt turned on all day. Dog is swimming sideways on the carpet.

Its a nice break from the 90s for sure. I can finally breath.

Last edited by Cambium; 12-09-2010 at 02:03 PM..

Old 12-09-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Just got back from our usual afternoon mile walk. My dog and I love this weather. All I had was Jeans, T-Shirt and hooded Sweatshirt ontop of that and a baseball cap. No gloves/ No Jacket.

Dog did her thing and now we're enjoying the flames of wood and the toasty air inside thanks to the wood stove. . Furnace hasnt turned on all day. Dog is swimming sideways on the carpet.

Its a nice break from the 90s for sure. I can finally breath.
I'm a freak of nature -- I can't tolerate anything over 83 or anything under 70 degrees.

And you'd think that this Montreal girl would love the cold, right? Wrong!

I don't understand how you walked in only jeans, t-shirt, and hoodie. I'm geared up for winter -- complete with thermal long-johns -- and still enter the house a shivering mess.

Talk to me in June. I'll be complaining about the heat.

There are two days in April when I'm happy with the weather.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:21 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
I'm a freak of nature -- I can't tolerate anything over 83 or anything under 70 degrees.

And you'd think that this Montreal girl would love the cold, right? Wrong!

I don't understand how you walked in only jeans, t-shirt, and hoodie. I'm geared up for winter -- complete with thermal long-johns -- and still enter the house a shivering mess.

Talk to me in June. I'll be complaining about the heat.

There are two days in April when I'm happy with the weather.
Sounds like you belong in Santa Barbara!

Old 12-09-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Sounds like you belong in Santa Barbara!
This is what I tell my husband every.darn.day.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:08 PM

Default Mini Ice Age Coming?

3 more years...Can't wait. LOL I'm starting to think Earth might be wobbling more. We went from extreme record breaking heat to insane record breaking cold and snow globally.

Ice Age Now

Old 12-10-2010, 05:26 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,358,603 times
Weather varies over time: It always has and always will. Cooler than normal periods are matched by warmer than normal periods.

When you come right down to it…weather data is really nothing more than an average of the extremes.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post

When you come right down to it…weather data is really nothing more than an average of the extremes.
Yeap. Exactly... Thats why I hate when averages are used because it takes an extreme to create that average... so extremes do happen.

And I hope we stay at 30 degrees in Summer and 0 in Winter.

By the way... Winter of 2011 will last until June 2012. I dont have any data to support this but if you research when volcanos have erupted and sent ash miles into the atmosphere you'll find that we had harsh and long winters..

And if we're breaking 100-200 year old records EVERYWHERE then maybe a year in point to start would be 1816 which was called ....
Year Without a Summer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-10-2010, 07:25 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,358,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
By the way... Winter of 2011 will last until June 2012. I dont have any data to support this but if you research when volcanos have erupted and sent ash miles into the atmosphere you'll find that we had harsh and long winters
Just to be fair to NOAA and their 90 day temp outlooks …the reverse is what they are expecting: November was colder than normal in the Western USA and warmer than normal in the Eastern USA…December is supposed to be colder than normal in the Eastern USA and warmer than normal in the West….then January/Feb should see the trough build back into the West and milder conditions in the Eastern USA.

I would not be totally surprised to see many NWS stations in the Tri-State area end the season in mid March with less than half the normal snowfall. All the area stations are already running behind in seasonal snowfall…and the coldest part of the pattern this December will be over by late next week and failed to have produce any snow.

Remember grasshopper...when watching the Weather Channel/AccuWeather - the greater conceals the less . They seem stuck on the hopes for this weekend storm and the few days of cold weather next week. Yet, strangley, they are making little mention of what lies after that.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:28 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,303,510 times
So how's the weekend of 17-18-19th looking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut